SIR – My name is Johnnie Manckiy; I am a history student at university in the United States. I am working on a research project on British country houses during World War Two. I am interested in learning about the experiences of people who lived, worked
SIR - My name is Johnnie Manckiy; I am a history student at university in the United States.
I am working on a research project on British country houses during World War Two. I am interested in learning about the experiences of people who lived, worked and were stationed in Britain's stately homes during the war.
Also, I am interested in learning how country houses adapted to the new roles as schools, hospitals and homes for evacuees, and military centers.
I am looking for anyone with memories of Brocket Hall during the war, or who was employed or lived on the Brocket estate during that time.
You may also want to watch:
I am interested in any and all information during this period. Pictures would be appreciated.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
Johnnie Manckiy, 4014 Serenity Lane, Greenwood, Arkansas