SIR – My name is Johnnie Manckiy; I am a history student at university in the United States. I am working on a research project on British country houses during World War Two. I am interested in learning about the experiences of people who lived, worked
SIR - My name is Johnnie Manckiy; I am a history student at university in the United States.
I am working on a research project on British country houses during World War Two. I am interested in learning about the experiences of people who lived, worked and were stationed in Britain's stately homes during the war.
Also, I am interested in learning how country houses adapted to the new roles as schools, hospitals and homes for evacuees, and military centers.
I am looking for anyone with memories of Brocket Hall during the war, or who was employed or lived on the Brocket estate during that time.
You may also want to watch:
I am interested in any and all information during this period. Pictures would be appreciated.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 3 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 4 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 5 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 6 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 7 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 8 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 9 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 10 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
Johnnie Manckiy, 4014 Serenity Lane, Greenwood, Arkansas