SIR – My name is Johnnie Manckiy; I am a history student at university in the United States. I am working on a research project on British country houses during World War Two. I am interested in learning about the experiences of people who lived, worked
SIR - My name is Johnnie Manckiy; I am a history student at university in the United States.
I am working on a research project on British country houses during World War Two. I am interested in learning about the experiences of people who lived, worked and were stationed in Britain's stately homes during the war.
Also, I am interested in learning how country houses adapted to the new roles as schools, hospitals and homes for evacuees, and military centers.
I am looking for anyone with memories of Brocket Hall during the war, or who was employed or lived on the Brocket estate during that time.
You may also want to watch:
I am interested in any and all information during this period. Pictures would be appreciated.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
Johnnie Manckiy, 4014 Serenity Lane, Greenwood, Arkansas