Warning to veggies using Tesco
SIR – As a vegetarian, I wanted to write to warn vegetarians of the potential pitfalls of shopping at Tesco Hatfield. More than a year ago, I noticed that Tesco had placed some Organic Swedish Meatballs among the vegetarian section – these are not
SIR - As a vegetarian, I wanted to write to warn vegetarians of the potential pitfalls of shopping at Tesco Hatfield.
More than a year ago, I noticed that Tesco had placed some 'Organic Swedish Meatballs' among the vegetarian section - these are not vegetarian.
Fortunately I recognised them because I have always bought them for my husband (a fully paid up member of the Meat Eater's Society), but to anyone else they could be perceived as vegetarian. I know if refers to meat, but many vegetarian foods do refer to 'chicken' or 'beef'.
It was in green packaging and right in the middle of the vegetarian section - why would anyone question it was meat?
You may also want to watch:
I have raised this on seven separate occasions over the last year and asked for this to be corrected.
Occasionally they are moved around - but they still remain in the vegetarian section.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 6 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 7 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 10 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
More than a month ago, I phoned up the store as a last attempt, spoke to the complaints manager and was assured he would speak to the relevant person to get it fixed.
Today, I went into Tesco and found they were still there.
If I can't get Tesco to correct this, at least I can warn vegetarians not to buy them by mistake!