Warning to veggies using Tesco
SIR – As a vegetarian, I wanted to write to warn vegetarians of the potential pitfalls of shopping at Tesco Hatfield. More than a year ago, I noticed that Tesco had placed some Organic Swedish Meatballs among the vegetarian section – these are not
SIR - As a vegetarian, I wanted to write to warn vegetarians of the potential pitfalls of shopping at Tesco Hatfield.
More than a year ago, I noticed that Tesco had placed some 'Organic Swedish Meatballs' among the vegetarian section - these are not vegetarian.
Fortunately I recognised them because I have always bought them for my husband (a fully paid up member of the Meat Eater's Society), but to anyone else they could be perceived as vegetarian. I know if refers to meat, but many vegetarian foods do refer to 'chicken' or 'beef'.
It was in green packaging and right in the middle of the vegetarian section - why would anyone question it was meat?
I have raised this on seven separate occasions over the last year and asked for this to be corrected.
Occasionally they are moved around - but they still remain in the vegetarian section.
- 1 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 2 Hatfield tenant upset over housing issue that has yet to be rectified after a year
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Officers to tackle Potters Bar Nitrous Oxide sales as part of policing priorities
- 6 Hertfordshire County Council will fund free summer activity camps for children in the Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 Homes selling fast at sought-after Welwyn Garden City development
- 8 Welwyn Hatfield couple demand change to stillborn definition
- 9 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 10 Vandals trash toilet on WGC train
More than a month ago, I phoned up the store as a last attempt, spoke to the complaints manager and was assured he would speak to the relevant person to get it fixed.
Today, I went into Tesco and found they were still there.
If I can't get Tesco to correct this, at least I can warn vegetarians not to buy them by mistake!