Warning to veggies using Tesco
SIR – As a vegetarian, I wanted to write to warn vegetarians of the potential pitfalls of shopping at Tesco Hatfield. More than a year ago, I noticed that Tesco had placed some Organic Swedish Meatballs among the vegetarian section – these are not
SIR - As a vegetarian, I wanted to write to warn vegetarians of the potential pitfalls of shopping at Tesco Hatfield.
More than a year ago, I noticed that Tesco had placed some 'Organic Swedish Meatballs' among the vegetarian section - these are not vegetarian.
Fortunately I recognised them because I have always bought them for my husband (a fully paid up member of the Meat Eater's Society), but to anyone else they could be perceived as vegetarian. I know if refers to meat, but many vegetarian foods do refer to 'chicken' or 'beef'.
It was in green packaging and right in the middle of the vegetarian section - why would anyone question it was meat?
You may also want to watch:
I have raised this on seven separate occasions over the last year and asked for this to be corrected.
Occasionally they are moved around - but they still remain in the vegetarian section.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
More than a month ago, I phoned up the store as a last attempt, spoke to the complaints manager and was assured he would speak to the relevant person to get it fixed.
Today, I went into Tesco and found they were still there.
If I can't get Tesco to correct this, at least I can warn vegetarians not to buy them by mistake!