Warning to veggies using Tesco
SIR – As a vegetarian, I wanted to write to warn vegetarians of the potential pitfalls of shopping at Tesco Hatfield. More than a year ago, I noticed that Tesco had placed some Organic Swedish Meatballs among the vegetarian section – these are not
SIR - As a vegetarian, I wanted to write to warn vegetarians of the potential pitfalls of shopping at Tesco Hatfield.
More than a year ago, I noticed that Tesco had placed some 'Organic Swedish Meatballs' among the vegetarian section - these are not vegetarian.
Fortunately I recognised them because I have always bought them for my husband (a fully paid up member of the Meat Eater's Society), but to anyone else they could be perceived as vegetarian. I know if refers to meat, but many vegetarian foods do refer to 'chicken' or 'beef'.
It was in green packaging and right in the middle of the vegetarian section - why would anyone question it was meat?
You may also want to watch:
I have raised this on seven separate occasions over the last year and asked for this to be corrected.
Occasionally they are moved around - but they still remain in the vegetarian section.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 9 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 10 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
More than a month ago, I phoned up the store as a last attempt, spoke to the complaints manager and was assured he would speak to the relevant person to get it fixed.
Today, I went into Tesco and found they were still there.
If I can't get Tesco to correct this, at least I can warn vegetarians not to buy them by mistake!