Warning to veggies using Tesco
SIR – As a vegetarian, I wanted to write to warn vegetarians of the potential pitfalls of shopping at Tesco Hatfield. More than a year ago, I noticed that Tesco had placed some Organic Swedish Meatballs among the vegetarian section – these are not
SIR - As a vegetarian, I wanted to write to warn vegetarians of the potential pitfalls of shopping at Tesco Hatfield.
More than a year ago, I noticed that Tesco had placed some 'Organic Swedish Meatballs' among the vegetarian section - these are not vegetarian.
Fortunately I recognised them because I have always bought them for my husband (a fully paid up member of the Meat Eater's Society), but to anyone else they could be perceived as vegetarian. I know if refers to meat, but many vegetarian foods do refer to 'chicken' or 'beef'.
It was in green packaging and right in the middle of the vegetarian section - why would anyone question it was meat?
I have raised this on seven separate occasions over the last year and asked for this to be corrected.
Occasionally they are moved around - but they still remain in the vegetarian section.
- 1 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 2 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 3 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 6 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 7 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 8 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 9 From Russia with love... Catherine The Great series returns to Hatfield for season two of period drama
- 10 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
More than a month ago, I phoned up the store as a last attempt, spoke to the complaints manager and was assured he would speak to the relevant person to get it fixed.
Today, I went into Tesco and found they were still there.
If I can't get Tesco to correct this, at least I can warn vegetarians not to buy them by mistake!