Warning after minor injury turns to tragedy
A little injury that killed Sir – I am about to tell you a story which might be of interest to your readers and also make them aware of how a small accident caused the slow and sad death of my mother who, at 93, was still very active, spotlessly clean in
A little injury that killed
Sir - I am about to tell you a story which might be of interest to your readers and also make them aware of how a small accident caused the slow and sad death of my mother who, at 93, was still very active, spotlessly clean in home and appearance.
My wife and I used to visit her once or twice a week as my father is still alive at 94 as he was still reasonably active and they were devoted to each other we did not interfere much. On our last visit she told me that she had accidentally bumped into an open kitchen cabinet door. When I check her forehead all I could see was a slight graze so we took no notice of it.
On our next couple of visits she was telling me that she was getting headaches but after a couple of tablets they were not so bad. Then one night my sister rang me to say that our mother has vomited in the night and there was blood all over the bed. She was rushed to Chase Farm. When we got there she was still able to recognise us and talk slowly. Sadly she got worse and finally died.
You may also want to watch:
We were informed that she had had a small head bleed that had got worse in time and that all head bangs should be checked. The strange thing is that when we are having a friend round and we want to prepare some special dishes and my wife is not sure 'Oh lets ring Mum, she will know' and then you remember she's gone.
Hope my story has not been too boring but if it helps someone I have not written it in vain.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 7 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 8 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 9 Student union apologises after controversial ‘Solidarity with Palestine’ post
- 10 Mother speaks out after garden centre breastfeeding dispute 'mishandled at every stage'
Mr and Mrs D Chambers,
The Downs, Hatfield.