Visit WI rather than adult gaming centre
SIR – Re: the planning application for a change of use of number 55 Darkes Lane to an adult gaming centre… Ladies, instead of forming a close relationship with the proposed slot machines in the adult entertainment arcade why not join one of the three Pott
SIR - Re: the planning application for a change of use of number 55 Darkes Lane to an adult gaming centre...
Ladies, instead of forming a close relationship with the proposed slot machines in the adult entertainment arcade why not join one of the three Potters Bar Women's Institutes instead? (See Potters Bar Edition January 14, 2009.)
Two institutes meet in the evening: Oakmere at The United Reformed Church on the second Thursday of the month at 7.45pm; and their next meeting is an open meeting with speaker John Parkes from Potters Bar Cine and Video Club.
Furzefield meets at the same place on the third Thursday of the month and their next speaker is Mr Howgate, with Curiosities of the City of London, and Wild Hill meet at Christ Church Hall, Little Heath on the first Wednesday of the month at 1.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The institutes have good speakers, coffee mornings, lunch clubs, outings and craft sessions and are sympathetic and friendly.
They are part of the National Federation of Women's Institutes which has a college in Oxfordshire, providing interesting day and residential courses on a wide range of subjects.
- 1 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 2 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 3 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 4 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 5 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 6 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
So come and have an interactive relationship with human beings instead, enjoying life, learning new skills and making new friends.
Rosemary J Barry, president Oakmere W.I., Byng Drive, Potters Bar.