SIR - I have been living in the Welwyn/Hatfield area for a few years now, and I find union president Steve Newnham s remarks incredible.Over the years we have read many articles in the W & H Times, reporting students running riot in the streets.It is ab
SIR - I have been living in the Welwyn/Hatfield area for a few years now, and I find union president Steve Newnham's remarks incredible.
Over the years we have read many articles in the W & H Times, reporting students running riot in the streets.
It is about time the uni started to take a responsible attitude towards this problem.
I feel the Government has to take some of the blame for this too, they have relaxed the drinking laws so much.
You may also want to watch:
Students can get drinks so easy now, at almost anytime of day or night.
Surely students should not be out till the early hours of the morning as they need to study, or is getting a degree that easy to get.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 3 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Explore Hertford Castle at free open day
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
Come on Mr Newnham instead of whingeing about being badly treaded, get together with the uni and try to stop the trouble.
Peter Butcher, WGC.