SIR - I have been living in the Welwyn/Hatfield area for a few years now, and I find union president Steve Newnham s remarks incredible.Over the years we have read many articles in the W & H Times, reporting students running riot in the streets.It is ab
SIR - I have been living in the Welwyn/Hatfield area for a few years now, and I find union president Steve Newnham's remarks incredible.
Over the years we have read many articles in the W & H Times, reporting students running riot in the streets.
It is about time the uni started to take a responsible attitude towards this problem.
I feel the Government has to take some of the blame for this too, they have relaxed the drinking laws so much.
You may also want to watch:
Students can get drinks so easy now, at almost anytime of day or night.
Surely students should not be out till the early hours of the morning as they need to study, or is getting a degree that easy to get.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
Come on Mr Newnham instead of whingeing about being badly treaded, get together with the uni and try to stop the trouble.
Peter Butcher, WGC.