SIR - I have been living in the Welwyn/Hatfield area for a few years now, and I find union president Steve Newnham s remarks incredible.Over the years we have read many articles in the W & H Times, reporting students running riot in the streets.It is ab
SIR - I have been living in the Welwyn/Hatfield area for a few years now, and I find union president Steve Newnham's remarks incredible.
Over the years we have read many articles in the W & H Times, reporting students running riot in the streets.
It is about time the uni started to take a responsible attitude towards this problem.
I feel the Government has to take some of the blame for this too, they have relaxed the drinking laws so much.
You may also want to watch:
Students can get drinks so easy now, at almost anytime of day or night.
Surely students should not be out till the early hours of the morning as they need to study, or is getting a degree that easy to get.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 3 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 4 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 5 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 6 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 7 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 8 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 9 Shoppers encouraged to stay safe as lockdown eases
- 10 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
Come on Mr Newnham instead of whingeing about being badly treaded, get together with the uni and try to stop the trouble.
Peter Butcher, WGC.