Uni nightclub: more trouble
SIR – I can sympathise with the Not Music to Our Ears resident regarding the proposed uni nightclub (letters, January 30). We have also been affected with the boom, boom of constant student parties in houses next to us and across the road, and the fallo
SIR - I can sympathise with the 'Not Music to Our Ears' resident regarding the proposed uni nightclub (letters, January 30).
We have also been affected with the boom, boom of constant student parties in houses next to us and across the road, and the fallout from these parties and events carried out at the present Uni Font Bar for nearly a decade.
We also moved here and never had any problems as we do now, it is a constant battle every time new students arrive.
The residential areas are looking so run down now. We have nearly 15 houses in close proximity rented to students and we get possibly a couple of weeks a year when we have no problems. The new nightclub will only cause more problems and friction, considering there are 24,000 students & the club can only take up to 2,000.
You may also want to watch:
Name and address supplied.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 3 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 4 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 5 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 6 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 7 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 8 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 9 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 10 Brookmans Park pub celebrates welcoming back visitors on April 12