Uni nightclub: more trouble
SIR – I can sympathise with the Not Music to Our Ears resident regarding the proposed uni nightclub (letters, January 30). We have also been affected with the boom, boom of constant student parties in houses next to us and across the road, and the fallo
SIR - I can sympathise with the 'Not Music to Our Ears' resident regarding the proposed uni nightclub (letters, January 30).
We have also been affected with the boom, boom of constant student parties in houses next to us and across the road, and the fallout from these parties and events carried out at the present Uni Font Bar for nearly a decade.
We also moved here and never had any problems as we do now, it is a constant battle every time new students arrive.
The residential areas are looking so run down now. We have nearly 15 houses in close proximity rented to students and we get possibly a couple of weeks a year when we have no problems. The new nightclub will only cause more problems and friction, considering there are 24,000 students & the club can only take up to 2,000.
You may also want to watch:
Name and address supplied.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 7 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals