Twit or Twitterer?
SIR – I wish to bring your attention to a printing error in your August 18 edition. It began Prolific Twitterer MP Grant Shapps has been suspended from the popular social networking site... Surely a mistake by the typesetter who slipped in a few extra
SIR - I wish to bring your attention to a printing error in your August 18 edition. It began 'Prolific Twitterer MP Grant Shapps has been suspended from the popular social networking site...'
Surely a mistake by the typesetter who slipped in a few extra characters; a long liquid lunch perhaps?
Of course it should have read 'Prolific Twit MP Grant Shapps has been suspended...'
No doubt other readers of your esteemed publication also spotted this basic error.
You may also want to watch:
If I were you, I'd have a word in the ear of your man down at the printers. Whatever next!
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 4 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 5 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 8 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 9 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 10 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes