Turn down mast plan
Sir – Panshanger residents in general and particularly those living in the vicinity of the roundabout where Herns Lane, Herns Way and Moors Walk meet, should know that Telecom Coy O2 has applied to the borough council for planning permission to install a
Sir - Panshanger residents in general and particularly those living in the vicinity of the roundabout where Herns Lane, Herns Way and Moors Walk meet, should know that Telecom Coy O2 has applied to the borough council for planning permission to install a 15 metre - nearly 50 feet - antenna in the middle of the said roundabout.
In addition to the said antenna there is to be an equipment cabinet, along with a "grasscrete" parking area for vehicles, the latter extending from the centre of the roundabout to its edge.
The borough council has notified some Panshanger residents of the planning application of O2 for the said constructions and have invited comments.
One has to ask whether this 50 feet high mast, sticking out like a sore thumb in an otherwise idyllic landscape, is really necessary?
You may also want to watch:
I must point out that there are already four similar masts located on the edge of the WGC Football Club grounds and clearly visible from Herns Way. Could this antenna not be mounted on one of these masts?
And, of course, there is a vast open space of the Panshanger Golf Course.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
I would urge Panshanger residents to petition the borough council to turn down this application of O2 for a 50 feet high mast in the middle of our roundabout.
There are clearly a number of other options open in the neighbourhood.
Chalk Dale, WGC.