Traffic queues are a worry
SIR – Sometimes the cars queue from Waitrose back two or three hundred yards into the road between the council offices and the police station. With the bigger Sainsbury s shop, I expect there to be queues from Church Road back into Parkway and/or Frethern
SIR - Sometimes the cars queue from Waitrose back two or three hundred yards into the road between the council offices and the police station.
With the bigger Sainsbury's shop, I expect there to be queues from Church Road back into Parkway and/or Fretherne Road.
I used to trust road designers, but no longer, after they found they had to change Oldings Roundabout (which is still not satisfactory) and after the new Moors Walk shops access. They changed Moors Walk because it's not "appropriate" to have access to a car park off a roundabout.
Both entering and leaving the old car park access you always turned left. Now you can turn right and cross the road when entering or leaving the car park, both potentially dangerous and traffic clogging.
Bryn Gwyndaf Jones,
Brockswood Lane, WGC.
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 4 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby
- 5 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 6 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 7 Council fights for lower housing targets
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 £45m bid to improve QEII Hospital
- 10 Flooding in Hatfield 'damages' vehicles