Traffic queues are a worry
SIR – Sometimes the cars queue from Waitrose back two or three hundred yards into the road between the council offices and the police station. With the bigger Sainsbury s shop, I expect there to be queues from Church Road back into Parkway and/or Frethern
SIR - Sometimes the cars queue from Waitrose back two or three hundred yards into the road between the council offices and the police station.
With the bigger Sainsbury's shop, I expect there to be queues from Church Road back into Parkway and/or Fretherne Road.
I used to trust road designers, but no longer, after they found they had to change Oldings Roundabout (which is still not satisfactory) and after the new Moors Walk shops access. They changed Moors Walk because it's not "appropriate" to have access to a car park off a roundabout.
Both entering and leaving the old car park access you always turned left. Now you can turn right and cross the road when entering or leaving the car park, both potentially dangerous and traffic clogging.
You may also want to watch:
Bryn Gwyndaf Jones,
Brockswood Lane, WGC.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield