Tory councillor's views make sense
Sir – An incinerator at New Barnfield would be rubbish (excuse the pun). But I have to say that the Conservative Party s record of opposition to inappropriate development in Welwyn Hatfield is far more convincing than that of the Labour Party. Locally,
Sir - An incinerator at New Barnfield would be rubbish (excuse the pun). But I have to say that the Conservative Party's record of opposition to inappropriate development in Welwyn Hatfield is far more convincing than that of the Labour Party.
Locally, Labour opposed an extra 15,000 houses in our area, then they u-turned and endorsed the ridiculous plans.
The Conservatives, including our MP Grant Shapps, opposed the plans and continued to do so, even offering an alternative way of doing things should they win the next election.
Therefore I am far more willing to listen to Tory councillor Stuart Pile, who endeavoured last week to provide the full facts about a possible incinerator at New Barnfield. He not only seems to have avoided reducing this issue to the childish 'for or against' argument, but he also seems to be far better placed, alongside our MP, to oppose any plans that may crop up in the future.
I certainly can't place my trust in the flip-flopping local Labour Party.
Mrs J Walton,
- 1 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 2 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 3 Fifteen-year-old boy hospitalised after reported stabbing in Hatfield
- 4 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 5 Toyota drove ‘erratically’ during suspected drug-fuelled trip in Hatfield
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 See inside this rumoured prison conversion in Welwyn village
- 8 Six buses damaged at Potters Bar Bus Garage after 'significant' blaze
- 9 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 10 96-year-old WGC woman remembers the Queen's Coronation ahead of Platinum Jubilee