Top Gear comparision
SIR – Richard Hammond explained to his Top Gear co-presenter on the bullet train that Japanese trains are guaranteed to arrive within 60 seconds of the timetable arrival time. If this is not achieved the journey is free and another one is given free by
SIR - Richard Hammond explained to his Top Gear co-presenter on the bullet train that Japanese trains are guaranteed to arrive within 60 seconds of the timetable arrival time. If this is not achieved the journey is free and another one is given free by way of compensation.
I am very much looking forward to our operator First Capital Connect (FCC) embracing the Japanese model. That way I will get compensation to the tune of about two grand by my reckoning.
This is based on the fact that the train I catch to London (07.56) is always a good 10 to 15 minutes late before it trundles in to WGC station.
At the moment the only guarantees I get are:
You may also want to watch:
The train will be late.
The train will be packed and I will be unable to get a seat.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 4 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 5 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 6 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 8 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
The bloke who I see being dropped off by his wife at the station every morning will wait till the train moves off before ringing said wife to state "Hello Dear, I'm on the train."
Stanborough Green, WGC.