Top Gear comparision
SIR – Richard Hammond explained to his Top Gear co-presenter on the bullet train that Japanese trains are guaranteed to arrive within 60 seconds of the timetable arrival time. If this is not achieved the journey is free and another one is given free by
SIR - Richard Hammond explained to his Top Gear co-presenter on the bullet train that Japanese trains are guaranteed to arrive within 60 seconds of the timetable arrival time. If this is not achieved the journey is free and another one is given free by way of compensation.
I am very much looking forward to our operator First Capital Connect (FCC) embracing the Japanese model. That way I will get compensation to the tune of about two grand by my reckoning.
This is based on the fact that the train I catch to London (07.56) is always a good 10 to 15 minutes late before it trundles in to WGC station.
At the moment the only guarantees I get are:
The train will be late.
The train will be packed and I will be unable to get a seat.
- 1 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: Changes to rubbish and recycling bin collection days in Welwyn Hatfield
- 2 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 3 Hatfield fixer-upper with lake on sale for £2.5m
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 5 Who is playing when at Slam Dunk Festival 2022: Set times announced for Hatfield Park
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 8 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 10 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
The bloke who I see being dropped off by his wife at the station every morning will wait till the train moves off before ringing said wife to state "Hello Dear, I'm on the train."
Stanborough Green, WGC.