Time could have been better spent
SIR - I would like to respond to the letter by David Nice on Mr Shapps sleep out. Since the Labour Government took power the number of people sleeping rough in Britain has been reduced by two thirds; this is not a statistic which is in dispute. While w
SIR - I would like to respond to the letter by David Nice on Mr Shapps'
Since the Labour Government took power the number of people sleeping rough in Britain has been reduced by two thirds; this is not a statistic which is in dispute.
While we would all like to see rough sleeping reduced further, it is inaccurate to suggest that no help has been provided. We would do well to remember that the biggest increase in rough sleeping occurred under the Conservative Thatcher government.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Shapps' time would have been better spent with the teenagers on the streets of WGC, finding out how to reduce petty crime by providing them with somewhere to go and something to do.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 7 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures