Time could have been better spent
SIR - I would like to respond to the letter by David Nice on Mr Shapps sleep out. Since the Labour Government took power the number of people sleeping rough in Britain has been reduced by two thirds; this is not a statistic which is in dispute. While w
SIR - I would like to respond to the letter by David Nice on Mr Shapps'
Since the Labour Government took power the number of people sleeping rough in Britain has been reduced by two thirds; this is not a statistic which is in dispute.
While we would all like to see rough sleeping reduced further, it is inaccurate to suggest that no help has been provided. We would do well to remember that the biggest increase in rough sleeping occurred under the Conservative Thatcher government.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Shapps' time would have been better spent with the teenagers on the streets of WGC, finding out how to reduce petty crime by providing them with somewhere to go and something to do.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 3 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 4 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 5 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics