Time could have been better spent
SIR - I would like to respond to the letter by David Nice on Mr Shapps sleep out. Since the Labour Government took power the number of people sleeping rough in Britain has been reduced by two thirds; this is not a statistic which is in dispute. While w
SIR - I would like to respond to the letter by David Nice on Mr Shapps'
Since the Labour Government took power the number of people sleeping rough in Britain has been reduced by two thirds; this is not a statistic which is in dispute.
While we would all like to see rough sleeping reduced further, it is inaccurate to suggest that no help has been provided. We would do well to remember that the biggest increase in rough sleeping occurred under the Conservative Thatcher government.
Mr Shapps' time would have been better spent with the teenagers on the streets of WGC, finding out how to reduce petty crime by providing them with somewhere to go and something to do.
- 1 Mother and daughter from WGC team up to offer food packages to struggling locals
- 2 Fifteen-year-old boy hospitalised after reported stabbing in Hatfield
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 Toyota drove ‘erratically’ during suspected drug-fuelled trip in Hatfield
- 5 Tournament's return brings huge joy to Welwyn Garden City Youth Football Club
- 6 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 7 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 8 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 9 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills