Three cheers for the snow!
SIR – I would like to give three cheers to buses 603 and Greenline who managed to take my husband to London on a snowy Monday morning and also National Express coaches who transported him to Aberdeen on a �1 ticket, no hold-ups, no delays, especially when
SIR - I would like to give three cheers to buses 603 and Greenline who managed to take my husband to London on a snowy Monday morning and also National Express coaches who transported him to Aberdeen on a �1 ticket, no hold-ups, no delays, especially when half of the country came to a stand still around them.
AND a "BOOOO" for the taxi driver, driving down Ascots Lane and turning onto the main Hatfield road with his phone in his right hand, on his left ear, turning a corner with only his left hand on the wheel on a very icy bend.
ALSO a big "HI" to all the car drivers who waved to me as I walked home from Hatfield to WGC after visiting the job centre. It's not only sunshine that puts a smile on people's faces.
Three cheers for the snow.
You may also want to watch:
Helen Dunsmuir, Walnut Grove, WGC.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton