Threat to Welwyn Garden City
SIR – Regarding WGC town centre standards. It is our belief that WGC is the finest garden city in the world. Welwyn Hatfield Chamber of Commerce is, therefore, concerned about any threats to our town that might detract from its unique appeal. We welcome
SIR - Regarding WGC town centre standards.
It is our belief that WGC is the finest garden city in the world.
Welwyn Hatfield Chamber of Commerce is, therefore, concerned about any threats to our town that might detract from its unique appeal.
We welcome the exciting proposals for the new landmark Sainsbury's.
We do not welcome the unplanned arbitrary and almost fluorescent colouring of the new Parkway Bar.
The precedent was possibly the excessive branding of Halfords in Howardsgate, with its outstanding near luminous orange facia banner.
- 1 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 2 Remembering WGC stalwart Robert Robinson
- 3 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 4 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 5 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 6 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 7 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 8 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
- 9 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 10 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
Would it be helpful if there was a bit more guidance, with teeth, from our borough council when it comes to design, decoration and planning matters in the town centres?
We were interested in the suggestion from the Welwyn Garden City Society that some rules would ultimately enhance the environment.
As a chamber we are very keen that John Lewis and the Howard Centre continue to prosper. And with them all other traders in the town centres.
Only by ensuring that WGC and Hatfield offer a particular and special experience will we thrive.
The watering down of the special historic garden city appeal is a danger to the prosperity of this town.
Welwyn Hatfield Chamber of Commerce.