Threat to Welwyn Garden City
SIR – Regarding WGC town centre standards. It is our belief that WGC is the finest garden city in the world. Welwyn Hatfield Chamber of Commerce is, therefore, concerned about any threats to our town that might detract from its unique appeal. We welcome
SIR - Regarding WGC town centre standards.
It is our belief that WGC is the finest garden city in the world.
Welwyn Hatfield Chamber of Commerce is, therefore, concerned about any threats to our town that might detract from its unique appeal.
We welcome the exciting proposals for the new landmark Sainsbury's.
You may also want to watch:
We do not welcome the unplanned arbitrary and almost fluorescent colouring of the new Parkway Bar.
The precedent was possibly the excessive branding of Halfords in Howardsgate, with its outstanding near luminous orange facia banner.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
Would it be helpful if there was a bit more guidance, with teeth, from our borough council when it comes to design, decoration and planning matters in the town centres?
We were interested in the suggestion from the Welwyn Garden City Society that some rules would ultimately enhance the environment.
As a chamber we are very keen that John Lewis and the Howard Centre continue to prosper. And with them all other traders in the town centres.
Only by ensuring that WGC and Hatfield offer a particular and special experience will we thrive.
The watering down of the special historic garden city appeal is a danger to the prosperity of this town.
Welwyn Hatfield Chamber of Commerce.