Threat to Welwyn Garden City
SIR – Regarding WGC town centre standards. It is our belief that WGC is the finest garden city in the world. Welwyn Hatfield Chamber of Commerce is, therefore, concerned about any threats to our town that might detract from its unique appeal. We welcome
SIR - Regarding WGC town centre standards.
It is our belief that WGC is the finest garden city in the world.
Welwyn Hatfield Chamber of Commerce is, therefore, concerned about any threats to our town that might detract from its unique appeal.
We welcome the exciting proposals for the new landmark Sainsbury's.
You may also want to watch:
We do not welcome the unplanned arbitrary and almost fluorescent colouring of the new Parkway Bar.
The precedent was possibly the excessive branding of Halfords in Howardsgate, with its outstanding near luminous orange facia banner.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
Would it be helpful if there was a bit more guidance, with teeth, from our borough council when it comes to design, decoration and planning matters in the town centres?
We were interested in the suggestion from the Welwyn Garden City Society that some rules would ultimately enhance the environment.
As a chamber we are very keen that John Lewis and the Howard Centre continue to prosper. And with them all other traders in the town centres.
Only by ensuring that WGC and Hatfield offer a particular and special experience will we thrive.
The watering down of the special historic garden city appeal is a danger to the prosperity of this town.
Welwyn Hatfield Chamber of Commerce.