Threat to Welwyn Garden City
SIR – Regarding WGC town centre standards. It is our belief that WGC is the finest garden city in the world. Welwyn Hatfield Chamber of Commerce is, therefore, concerned about any threats to our town that might detract from its unique appeal. We welcome
SIR - Regarding WGC town centre standards.
It is our belief that WGC is the finest garden city in the world.
Welwyn Hatfield Chamber of Commerce is, therefore, concerned about any threats to our town that might detract from its unique appeal.
We welcome the exciting proposals for the new landmark Sainsbury's.
You may also want to watch:
We do not welcome the unplanned arbitrary and almost fluorescent colouring of the new Parkway Bar.
The precedent was possibly the excessive branding of Halfords in Howardsgate, with its outstanding near luminous orange facia banner.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 3 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 9 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 10 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
Would it be helpful if there was a bit more guidance, with teeth, from our borough council when it comes to design, decoration and planning matters in the town centres?
We were interested in the suggestion from the Welwyn Garden City Society that some rules would ultimately enhance the environment.
As a chamber we are very keen that John Lewis and the Howard Centre continue to prosper. And with them all other traders in the town centres.
Only by ensuring that WGC and Hatfield offer a particular and special experience will we thrive.
The watering down of the special historic garden city appeal is a danger to the prosperity of this town.
Welwyn Hatfield Chamber of Commerce.