There is another supplier of animal insulin
Sir – there around 20,000 people with diabetes taking animal insulin mainly because of adverse reactions to synthetic so-called human insulins. At the end of 2007 the most well known manufacturer of animal insulin, Novo Nordisk, chose to discontinue sup
Sir - there around 20,000 people with diabetes taking animal insulin mainly because of adverse reactions to synthetic so-called human insulins.
At the end of 2007 the most well known manufacturer of animal insulin, Novo Nordisk, chose to discontinue supplying it.
Unfortunately many people have been told that there is no other supplier of animal insulin and they are being changed to insulins which do not suit them. Here at the Insulin Dependent Diabetes Trust we are desperately trying to reassure your readers that there is another supplier and that Wockhardt UK/CP Pharmaceuticals do have equivalent animal insulins available in vials and cartridges.
Wockhardt UK has assured the Trust that it will continue to produce animal insulin for the foreseeable future and that people using animal insulin have no need to worry.
You may also want to watch:
The synthetic human insulins can have dreadful side effects for some people including depression, loss of hypoglycemia warnings, extreme weight gain, tiredness and memory loss.
So it is vital that people are made aware that they can still obtain the animal insulins they need and they do not to go back to using the synthetic insulins that had such a negative effect on their lives.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
We really hope you will help us help your readers by informing they that alternative animal insulins are available and if they would like more information about this to contact IDDT on email@example.com or on 01604 622837 or at IDDT PO Box 294, Norhampton, NN1 4XS.
Insulin Dependent Diabetes Trust.