The QE2 will be just a clinic
Dear Mr Carver – I hope that your Christmas was happier than the citizens of Welwyn Hatfield were permitted to enjoy with the gift of the news of the closure of our local hospital. I can only assume that, as the public s voice had no impact on the deci
Dear Mr Carver - I hope that your Christmas was happier than the citizens of Welwyn Hatfield were permitted to enjoy with the "gift" of the news of the closure of our local hospital.
I can only assume that, as the public's voice had no impact on the decision, you do not live in the area and/or use private care in order not to be affected by this devastating blow.
The PCT seems to have a short memory as it is only three years since we were promised a super new hospital in Hatfield, which suddenly became unaffordable. Now the facilities that we do have are also being removed.
I am sure that you will argue with me and try to tell me that the QE2 is not being closed but that services are being redistributed. Allow me to inform you of the Oxford dictionary definition of a hospital - "an institution providing medical and surgical treatment for persons ill or injured".
You may also want to watch:
When the QE2 no longer provides surgery it can no longer be called a hospital. It will merely be a clinic. I have recently had day case orthopedic surgery at the QE2 and was cared for well although the time from consulting my GP, waiting to see the consultant and actually undergoing the operation took a year all but a couple of days. I imagine this will be longer when we do not have our wonderful local hospital opened in 1963 by Her Majesty the Queen.
Carol West, a let down resident of WGC.
- 1 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 5 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 6 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 7 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 8 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 9 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022