The QE2 will be just a clinic
Dear Mr Carver – I hope that your Christmas was happier than the citizens of Welwyn Hatfield were permitted to enjoy with the gift of the news of the closure of our local hospital. I can only assume that, as the public s voice had no impact on the deci
Dear Mr Carver - I hope that your Christmas was happier than the citizens of Welwyn Hatfield were permitted to enjoy with the "gift" of the news of the closure of our local hospital.
I can only assume that, as the public's voice had no impact on the decision, you do not live in the area and/or use private care in order not to be affected by this devastating blow.
The PCT seems to have a short memory as it is only three years since we were promised a super new hospital in Hatfield, which suddenly became unaffordable. Now the facilities that we do have are also being removed.
I am sure that you will argue with me and try to tell me that the QE2 is not being closed but that services are being redistributed. Allow me to inform you of the Oxford dictionary definition of a hospital - "an institution providing medical and surgical treatment for persons ill or injured".
When the QE2 no longer provides surgery it can no longer be called a hospital. It will merely be a clinic. I have recently had day case orthopedic surgery at the QE2 and was cared for well although the time from consulting my GP, waiting to see the consultant and actually undergoing the operation took a year all but a couple of days. I imagine this will be longer when we do not have our wonderful local hospital opened in 1963 by Her Majesty the Queen.
Carol West, a let down resident of WGC.
- 1 'Best headteacher' leaves Hatfield school
- 2 From Welwyn Garden City to Colorado: The long-distance fiancées fundraising for a UK visa
- 3 Hatfield to get new pub following £9 million investment
- 4 Hatfield man faces murder charge
- 5 Christmas gifts and hampers stolen from garden centre
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 'It's incredible that this could save someone’s life'
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Runners get festive for Garden City race
- 10 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City