The kindness of a stranger
SIR – I would like to thank, through your pages, a very kind lady who helped me at the QE2 Hospital in WGC last month. My daughter had been rushed into A&E earlier in the day. Thankfully, she recovered and we went to the cafe to get a drink. We found th
SIR - I would like to thank, through your pages, a very kind lady who helped me at the QE2 Hospital in WGC last month.
My daughter had been rushed into A&E earlier in the day.
Thankfully, she recovered and we went to the cafe to get a drink.
We found that the cafe does not accept cards, and the nearest cashpoint would have been a 10 minute walk away!
You may also want to watch:
I was about to give up, but an extremely kind lady insisted we take some money to get a drink.
She completely refused to give me her name, address or phone number for us to return the cash.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 5 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
She seemed upset so we didn't want to press her any more than we already had.
I would be very grateful if you could publish this letter in the hope that she might see this letter.
We were so touched by the simple kindness of a stranger.
Mrs M Bates,