The kindness of a stranger
SIR – I would like to thank, through your pages, a very kind lady who helped me at the QE2 Hospital in WGC last month. My daughter had been rushed into A&E earlier in the day. Thankfully, she recovered and we went to the cafe to get a drink. We found th
SIR - I would like to thank, through your pages, a very kind lady who helped me at the QE2 Hospital in WGC last month.
My daughter had been rushed into A&E earlier in the day.
Thankfully, she recovered and we went to the cafe to get a drink.
We found that the cafe does not accept cards, and the nearest cashpoint would have been a 10 minute walk away!
You may also want to watch:
I was about to give up, but an extremely kind lady insisted we take some money to get a drink.
She completely refused to give me her name, address or phone number for us to return the cash.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 4 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 6 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
She seemed upset so we didn't want to press her any more than we already had.
I would be very grateful if you could publish this letter in the hope that she might see this letter.
We were so touched by the simple kindness of a stranger.
Mrs M Bates,