The highway to wastage
Sir – More money wasted! I see from page seven of Herts County Council magazine Hertfordshire Horizons (Summer) that this year we ve put a additional £10m into highway maintenance, taking the total spend to over £65m. How much has gone on the Cotton Road
Sir - More money wasted! I see from page seven of Herts County Council magazine Hertfordshire Horizons (Summer) that this year we've put a additional £10m into highway maintenance, taking the total spend to over £65m.
How much has gone on the Cotton Road junctions with the A1000 Hatfield Road/B156 The Causeway?
I wrote an open letter to the council which was published in the WHT October 3, 2007. At that stage a green section for cycling had been laid, possibly on September 8. On September 15 all of Cotton Road was resurfaced.
In a letter dated October 18 I was told this had been a mistake and the green surface would be replaced. By October 22 it was.
You may also want to watch:
On April 17 - within seven months - this was covered again for the fourth time. So the surface is black again. How can this needless expense be justified?
Also why were five council workers there? As I walked by one man was repainting white lines while four were watching.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
How can the council officials justify this waste of our money?
Diane Platford, a very concerned resident of Potters Bar