The best day in Welwyn Garden City for a long time
SIR – I have to say how pleased I am with the turnout at the recent SSAFA fun day (May 31). I was party to the organisation of this show and am only too aware of the opposition we received from Welwyn Hatfield Council; thank goodness the show went ahead
SIR - I have to say how pleased I am with the turnout at the recent SSAFA fun day (May 31).
I was party to the organisation of this show and am only too aware of the opposition we received from Welwyn Hatfield Council; thank goodness the show went ahead inspite of the council and its minions who turned up on the day trying at every turn to close us down.
This event was in aid of a really good cause; to raise money for the men and women that fight for our country, past, present and future.
What a shame the council couldn't recognise this.
You may also want to watch:
The overwhelming support from the residents of Welwyn Hatfield has been tremendous. To each and everyone of them we extend our thanks.
In terms of health and safety we had one sprained ankle and four lost children, all of whom where dealt with swiftly and efficiently.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 5 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 6 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
We had two Pcs and one Pcso on site, although there was no trouble during the day.
As for rubbish on the ground at the end of the day, it took four of us about an hour to pick up afterwards.
All round I would say the day was a roaring success and this has been echoed by several residents who have been kind enough to phone us or stop us in the street to say it was the best day in WGC for a long, long time!
Kimberley Jones, via website.