The best day in Welwyn Garden City for a long time
SIR – I have to say how pleased I am with the turnout at the recent SSAFA fun day (May 31). I was party to the organisation of this show and am only too aware of the opposition we received from Welwyn Hatfield Council; thank goodness the show went ahead
SIR - I have to say how pleased I am with the turnout at the recent SSAFA fun day (May 31).
I was party to the organisation of this show and am only too aware of the opposition we received from Welwyn Hatfield Council; thank goodness the show went ahead inspite of the council and its minions who turned up on the day trying at every turn to close us down.
This event was in aid of a really good cause; to raise money for the men and women that fight for our country, past, present and future.
What a shame the council couldn't recognise this.
You may also want to watch:
The overwhelming support from the residents of Welwyn Hatfield has been tremendous. To each and everyone of them we extend our thanks.
In terms of health and safety we had one sprained ankle and four lost children, all of whom where dealt with swiftly and efficiently.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn
We had two Pcs and one Pcso on site, although there was no trouble during the day.
As for rubbish on the ground at the end of the day, it took four of us about an hour to pick up afterwards.
All round I would say the day was a roaring success and this has been echoed by several residents who have been kind enough to phone us or stop us in the street to say it was the best day in WGC for a long, long time!
Kimberley Jones, via website.