The best day in Welwyn Garden City for a long time
SIR – I have to say how pleased I am with the turnout at the recent SSAFA fun day (May 31). I was party to the organisation of this show and am only too aware of the opposition we received from Welwyn Hatfield Council; thank goodness the show went ahead
SIR - I have to say how pleased I am with the turnout at the recent SSAFA fun day (May 31).
I was party to the organisation of this show and am only too aware of the opposition we received from Welwyn Hatfield Council; thank goodness the show went ahead inspite of the council and its minions who turned up on the day trying at every turn to close us down.
This event was in aid of a really good cause; to raise money for the men and women that fight for our country, past, present and future.
What a shame the council couldn't recognise this.
You may also want to watch:
The overwhelming support from the residents of Welwyn Hatfield has been tremendous. To each and everyone of them we extend our thanks.
In terms of health and safety we had one sprained ankle and four lost children, all of whom where dealt with swiftly and efficiently.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 8 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
We had two Pcs and one Pcso on site, although there was no trouble during the day.
As for rubbish on the ground at the end of the day, it took four of us about an hour to pick up afterwards.
All round I would say the day was a roaring success and this has been echoed by several residents who have been kind enough to phone us or stop us in the street to say it was the best day in WGC for a long, long time!
Kimberley Jones, via website.