The age of chivalry …is alive and well!
SIR – I would like to say thank you to two Monk s Walk pupils who came to my asistance on Thursday October 2 at 9.30am. That morning I was approaching the lower exit of Digswell Park Road onto Knightsfield, WGC, when three stacked high recycling bins,
SIR - I would like to say thank you to two Monk's Walk pupils who came to my asistance on Thursday October 2 at 9.30am.
That morning I was approaching the lower exit of Digswell Park Road onto Knightsfield, WGC, when three stacked high recycling bins, the top one containing glass, blew in front of my car - bottles in the air and under the car.
It was at this point two Monk's Walk boys bothered to stop and ask if I were ok and proceeded to help clear the road, even when I pointed out that there safety was more important because of the amount of broken glass.
I feel it is important to highlight the action of these boys, a credit to themselves, their parents and their school.
You may also want to watch:
Jo Davis, Digswell Park Road, WGC.
Sir - I am sure your readers would like to know there are still some chivalrous people around. I was pushing a friend in a wheelchair in Welwyn High Street last week. We crossed the pedestrian crossing but I found I could not manage the slightly lowered pavement, when the first motorist (about 35 years old) waiting at the crossing stopped his car, jumped out, came to help me and jumped in again. About five cars waiting behind him all waited patiently. BRAVO, whoever you are!
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
Mimram Place, Welwyn