The age of chivalry …is alive and well!
SIR – I would like to say thank you to two Monk s Walk pupils who came to my asistance on Thursday October 2 at 9.30am. That morning I was approaching the lower exit of Digswell Park Road onto Knightsfield, WGC, when three stacked high recycling bins,
SIR - I would like to say thank you to two Monk's Walk pupils who came to my asistance on Thursday October 2 at 9.30am.
That morning I was approaching the lower exit of Digswell Park Road onto Knightsfield, WGC, when three stacked high recycling bins, the top one containing glass, blew in front of my car - bottles in the air and under the car.
It was at this point two Monk's Walk boys bothered to stop and ask if I were ok and proceeded to help clear the road, even when I pointed out that there safety was more important because of the amount of broken glass.
I feel it is important to highlight the action of these boys, a credit to themselves, their parents and their school.
Jo Davis, Digswell Park Road, WGC.
Sir - I am sure your readers would like to know there are still some chivalrous people around. I was pushing a friend in a wheelchair in Welwyn High Street last week. We crossed the pedestrian crossing but I found I could not manage the slightly lowered pavement, when the first motorist (about 35 years old) waiting at the crossing stopped his car, jumped out, came to help me and jumped in again. About five cars waiting behind him all waited patiently. BRAVO, whoever you are!
- 1 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 2 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 5 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 6 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
- 7 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
- 8 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 9 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 10 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
Mimram Place, Welwyn