Thanks to Welwyn Garden City's ‘Arkwright’
SIR – I have to add my personal thanks to Richard Edlin, manager of Handside Post Office, for his undying efforts in trying to stop the closure of his branch. Most customers know Richard s – aka Arkwright – infectious sense of humour and also his
SIR - I have to add my personal thanks to Richard Edlin, manager of Handside Post Office, for his undying efforts in trying to stop the closure of his branch. Most customers know Richard's - aka "Arkwright" - infectious sense of humour and also his genuine belief in giving his all, to help everybody, young and old.
Beneath this jovial manner, lies a very clever brain and a determination to win, if it means a fair deal for his clients. He surely proved this in the recent battle to save his postal facilities within Huttons.
I was truly amazed at his constant commitment to fighting the bureaucracy that was just all too ridiculous.
Constantly thinking of different ways to turn the tables, Richard never stopped in his quest. Alas "Old Friend", fighting a PLC is never easy, but you did what was humanly possible, that's the point, and endeared yourself to many people in the process. Possibly a Phoenix may arise from the ashes, if what I hear is true, but for now, a huge thank you from everyone in Handside and keep smiling, life is too short.
You may also want to watch:
Elm Gardens, WGC.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 7 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 8 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 9 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures