Thanks for your time and your money
SIR – As president of Potters Bar Rotary Club, I wanted to write and thank all of the people involved in the Potters Bar Rotary sleigh collections and those standing outside Tesco before Christmas.
In these times of financial uncertainty, the generosity of the public helped us to raise a record sum with which to continue our good work both locally and abroad.
My heartfelt thanks goes to rotarian John Godfrey, who again dedicated himself to ensure the sleigh looked even better than ever and to all the collectors, made up of rotarians, their families and friends of Rotary who willingly gave their time in all types of weather, to ensure that the sleigh was the success that it was.
Thank you also to Santa Claus for coming out with us night after night, and who hopefully will be having a well-earned rest now.
My biggest thanks of course go to the generous people of Potters Bar who have supported us over the years and have dug deep at the end of a difficult year.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, a big thanks to Tesco for allowing us to collect outside their busy store and for supplying the sweets for Santa to hand out to those who had been good!
Pat Rowatt, president,
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 3 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 7 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 8 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
Rotary Club of Potters Bar.