Thanks for your time and your money
SIR – As president of Potters Bar Rotary Club, I wanted to write and thank all of the people involved in the Potters Bar Rotary sleigh collections and those standing outside Tesco before Christmas.
In these times of financial uncertainty, the generosity of the public helped us to raise a record sum with which to continue our good work both locally and abroad.
My heartfelt thanks goes to rotarian John Godfrey, who again dedicated himself to ensure the sleigh looked even better than ever and to all the collectors, made up of rotarians, their families and friends of Rotary who willingly gave their time in all types of weather, to ensure that the sleigh was the success that it was.
Thank you also to Santa Claus for coming out with us night after night, and who hopefully will be having a well-earned rest now.
My biggest thanks of course go to the generous people of Potters Bar who have supported us over the years and have dug deep at the end of a difficult year.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, a big thanks to Tesco for allowing us to collect outside their busy store and for supplying the sweets for Santa to hand out to those who had been good!
Pat Rowatt, president,
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 4 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 Teenager charged after 'Rambo knife' and suspected class A drugs found
- 8 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 9 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 10 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
Rotary Club of Potters Bar.