Thanks for your time and your money
SIR – As president of Potters Bar Rotary Club, I wanted to write and thank all of the people involved in the Potters Bar Rotary sleigh collections and those standing outside Tesco before Christmas.
In these times of financial uncertainty, the generosity of the public helped us to raise a record sum with which to continue our good work both locally and abroad.
My heartfelt thanks goes to rotarian John Godfrey, who again dedicated himself to ensure the sleigh looked even better than ever and to all the collectors, made up of rotarians, their families and friends of Rotary who willingly gave their time in all types of weather, to ensure that the sleigh was the success that it was.
Thank you also to Santa Claus for coming out with us night after night, and who hopefully will be having a well-earned rest now.
My biggest thanks of course go to the generous people of Potters Bar who have supported us over the years and have dug deep at the end of a difficult year.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, a big thanks to Tesco for allowing us to collect outside their busy store and for supplying the sweets for Santa to hand out to those who had been good!
Pat Rowatt, president,
- 1 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 2 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 5 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Eight-year-old actress joins sister in the big screen as she stars in independent domestic abuse film
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
Rotary Club of Potters Bar.