Thanks for volunteering
SIR - This week (1-7 June) is national Volunteers Week and I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you to the many local volunteers who support our work at National Trust properties and countryside locations in the area. Not only do volunteers giv
SIR - This week (1-7 June) is national Volunteers' Week and I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you to the many local volunteers who support our work at National Trust properties and countryside locations in the area. Not only do volunteers give us their time and energy they also share with us their skills, experience and enthusiasm.
Each time your readers visit a National Trust property they will benefit from the hard work of the volunteer team; a warm welcome, a beautiful garden, accessible paths, all in all a memorable day out. Without their support, we could not ensure that our special places remain relevant and accessible to the thousands of people that visit them.
Volunteers are integral to what we do and we look to ensure that every experience is of mutual benefit. Though we are now involving an incredible 50,000 volunteers every year throughout England, Wales and Northern Ireland, we can always welcome more.
So, thanks again our wonderful volunteers. Whether you give 30 minutes or three days a week, you make a fantastic difference that is hugely appreciated.
You may also want to watch:
Head of Volunteering
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
The National Trust