Thanks for volunteering
SIR - This week (1-7 June) is national Volunteers Week and I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you to the many local volunteers who support our work at National Trust properties and countryside locations in the area. Not only do volunteers giv
SIR - This week (1-7 June) is national Volunteers' Week and I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you to the many local volunteers who support our work at National Trust properties and countryside locations in the area. Not only do volunteers give us their time and energy they also share with us their skills, experience and enthusiasm.
Each time your readers visit a National Trust property they will benefit from the hard work of the volunteer team; a warm welcome, a beautiful garden, accessible paths, all in all a memorable day out. Without their support, we could not ensure that our special places remain relevant and accessible to the thousands of people that visit them.
Volunteers are integral to what we do and we look to ensure that every experience is of mutual benefit. Though we are now involving an incredible 50,000 volunteers every year throughout England, Wales and Northern Ireland, we can always welcome more.
So, thanks again our wonderful volunteers. Whether you give 30 minutes or three days a week, you make a fantastic difference that is hugely appreciated.
You may also want to watch:
Head of Volunteering
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 7 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures
The National Trust