Thanks for volunteering
SIR - This week (1-7 June) is national Volunteers Week and I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you to the many local volunteers who support our work at National Trust properties and countryside locations in the area. Not only do volunteers giv
SIR - This week (1-7 June) is national Volunteers' Week and I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you to the many local volunteers who support our work at National Trust properties and countryside locations in the area. Not only do volunteers give us their time and energy they also share with us their skills, experience and enthusiasm.
Each time your readers visit a National Trust property they will benefit from the hard work of the volunteer team; a warm welcome, a beautiful garden, accessible paths, all in all a memorable day out. Without their support, we could not ensure that our special places remain relevant and accessible to the thousands of people that visit them.
Volunteers are integral to what we do and we look to ensure that every experience is of mutual benefit. Though we are now involving an incredible 50,000 volunteers every year throughout England, Wales and Northern Ireland, we can always welcome more.
So, thanks again our wonderful volunteers. Whether you give 30 minutes or three days a week, you make a fantastic difference that is hugely appreciated.
You may also want to watch:
Head of Volunteering
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
The National Trust