Thanks for volunteering
SIR - This week (1-7 June) is national Volunteers Week and I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you to the many local volunteers who support our work at National Trust properties and countryside locations in the area. Not only do volunteers giv
SIR - This week (1-7 June) is national Volunteers' Week and I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you to the many local volunteers who support our work at National Trust properties and countryside locations in the area. Not only do volunteers give us their time and energy they also share with us their skills, experience and enthusiasm.
Each time your readers visit a National Trust property they will benefit from the hard work of the volunteer team; a warm welcome, a beautiful garden, accessible paths, all in all a memorable day out. Without their support, we could not ensure that our special places remain relevant and accessible to the thousands of people that visit them.
Volunteers are integral to what we do and we look to ensure that every experience is of mutual benefit. Though we are now involving an incredible 50,000 volunteers every year throughout England, Wales and Northern Ireland, we can always welcome more.
So, thanks again our wonderful volunteers. Whether you give 30 minutes or three days a week, you make a fantastic difference that is hugely appreciated.
Head of Volunteering
- 1 Remembering WGC stalwart Robert Robinson
- 2 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 3 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 4 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 5 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
- 6 Woman left with injuries after dog attack in Woolmer Green
- 7 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
- 8 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 9 RSPCA rescue cats in Potters Bar waiting to find their forever homes
- 10 Delight as Welwyn Garden City’s Rowan Tree crowned Nursery of the Year
The National Trust