Thanks for supporting Welwyn Garden City pub fundraiser
SIR – I am writing regarding a fundraiser for Jamie Parrish, held at the Oak Tavern in February. Jamie, 34, from Panshanger, unfortunately had a stroke just before Christmas. He spent nearly two months at the Royal Free in London. He has now been moved
SIR - I am writing regarding a fundraiser for Jamie Parrish, held at the Oak Tavern in February.
Jamie, 34, from Panshanger, unfortunately had a stroke just before Christmas.
He spent nearly two months at the Royal Free in London. He has now been moved back to the QE2 where he is making progress; however, he still has a long way to go before he makes a full recovery.
We held a disco, raffle and auction at the Oak Tavern to raise money to help towards Jamie's recovery. We were amazed at how many people turned up to show their support. It is fantastic to see the local community pulling together.
We would like to thank all the local companies who donated prizes to the raffle and auction: WGC Golf Club, Sleeks Hair Salon, Mill Green Golf Club, Bladez, Panshanger Golf Club, Moorlands Motor Company, The Pavillion, Lee's Fish and Chip Shop, Gary's Valeting, Buildbase, WGC, Paradise Wildlife Park, Gosling Stadium, Escape Beauty Salon, First Choice Driveways, Elliot's Disco, Jim and Christine Parrish, Rob and Aaron Lester, Neil Verlander, Jon Salmon, Greg and Craig at The Oak Tavern and Peter Wilson. We raised �1,560.
Scott Verlander, Steve Turner, Kelley Kershaw, Jim and Christine Parrish.
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Amazon parcels stolen in doorstep theft in Potters Bar
- 4 Council fights for lower housing targets in Local Plan
- 5 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 6 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 7 Grant Shapps reveals ‘anger’ over ‘unacceptable’ Downing Street parties
- 8 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 9 Purse stolen in Hatfield
- 10 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby