Thanks for supporting Welwyn Garden City pub fundraiser
SIR – I am writing regarding a fundraiser for Jamie Parrish, held at the Oak Tavern in February. Jamie, 34, from Panshanger, unfortunately had a stroke just before Christmas. He spent nearly two months at the Royal Free in London. He has now been moved
SIR - I am writing regarding a fundraiser for Jamie Parrish, held at the Oak Tavern in February.
Jamie, 34, from Panshanger, unfortunately had a stroke just before Christmas.
He spent nearly two months at the Royal Free in London. He has now been moved back to the QE2 where he is making progress; however, he still has a long way to go before he makes a full recovery.
We held a disco, raffle and auction at the Oak Tavern to raise money to help towards Jamie's recovery. We were amazed at how many people turned up to show their support. It is fantastic to see the local community pulling together.
You may also want to watch:
We would like to thank all the local companies who donated prizes to the raffle and auction: WGC Golf Club, Sleeks Hair Salon, Mill Green Golf Club, Bladez, Panshanger Golf Club, Moorlands Motor Company, The Pavillion, Lee's Fish and Chip Shop, Gary's Valeting, Buildbase, WGC, Paradise Wildlife Park, Gosling Stadium, Escape Beauty Salon, First Choice Driveways, Elliot's Disco, Jim and Christine Parrish, Rob and Aaron Lester, Neil Verlander, Jon Salmon, Greg and Craig at The Oak Tavern and Peter Wilson. We raised �1,560.
Scott Verlander, Steve Turner, Kelley Kershaw, Jim and Christine Parrish.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 5 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued