Thanks for supporting Welwyn Garden City pub fundraiser
SIR – I am writing regarding a fundraiser for Jamie Parrish, held at the Oak Tavern in February. Jamie, 34, from Panshanger, unfortunately had a stroke just before Christmas. He spent nearly two months at the Royal Free in London. He has now been moved
SIR - I am writing regarding a fundraiser for Jamie Parrish, held at the Oak Tavern in February.
Jamie, 34, from Panshanger, unfortunately had a stroke just before Christmas.
He spent nearly two months at the Royal Free in London. He has now been moved back to the QE2 where he is making progress; however, he still has a long way to go before he makes a full recovery.
We held a disco, raffle and auction at the Oak Tavern to raise money to help towards Jamie's recovery. We were amazed at how many people turned up to show their support. It is fantastic to see the local community pulling together.
You may also want to watch:
We would like to thank all the local companies who donated prizes to the raffle and auction: WGC Golf Club, Sleeks Hair Salon, Mill Green Golf Club, Bladez, Panshanger Golf Club, Moorlands Motor Company, The Pavillion, Lee's Fish and Chip Shop, Gary's Valeting, Buildbase, WGC, Paradise Wildlife Park, Gosling Stadium, Escape Beauty Salon, First Choice Driveways, Elliot's Disco, Jim and Christine Parrish, Rob and Aaron Lester, Neil Verlander, Jon Salmon, Greg and Craig at The Oak Tavern and Peter Wilson. We raised �1,560.
Scott Verlander, Steve Turner, Kelley Kershaw, Jim and Christine Parrish.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses