Tewin railway mystery
SIR – May I ask for your readers assistance in solving the mystery of a disused narrow gauge railway located in Tewin. Many years ago, while walking in the area of Tewin Water, I became aware of a disused railway track bed. The track appears to have run
SIR - May I ask for your readers' assistance in solving the mystery of a disused narrow gauge railway located in Tewin.
Many years ago, while walking in the area of Tewin Water, I became aware of a disused railway track bed.
The track appears to have run from Tewin Water, north east through Dawley Plantation and on to Dawley Wood, finally stopping above a disused chalk pit.
I am aware that during the First World War the pit was used as a range, there are still parts visible to this day.
You may also want to watch:
Are any of your readers aware of the line, what it was used for and when it was taken away?
Paul Cox, Grangewood,
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk