Sir - The QEII – couldn t run a switchboard in a telephone exchange! This morning I tried to phone the QEII to find out about getting a blood test. The main number given on their website (a Stevenage number) was the switchboard. I phoned it. It was engag
Sir - The QEII - couldn't run a switchboard in a telephone exchange!
This morning I tried to phone the QEII to find out about getting a blood test. The main number given on their website (a Stevenage number) was the switchboard. I phoned it. It was engaged!
How on earth can a hospital have its main switchboard engaged? The other number was "PALS" (whatever that is). I phoned it. There was an answerphone. Call this customer services? I don't!
The hospital wants to be an independent NHS Trust, yet it can't even run a switchboard, post direct line phone numbers on its website or provide helpful information like the opening times of the blood test service! On the other hand from a customer service point of view things can only get better - even local councils manage better customer services than this.
You may also want to watch:
The Old Drive, WGC
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 6 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog