Sir - The QEII – couldn t run a switchboard in a telephone exchange! This morning I tried to phone the QEII to find out about getting a blood test. The main number given on their website (a Stevenage number) was the switchboard. I phoned it. It was engag
Sir - The QEII - couldn't run a switchboard in a telephone exchange!
This morning I tried to phone the QEII to find out about getting a blood test. The main number given on their website (a Stevenage number) was the switchboard. I phoned it. It was engaged!
How on earth can a hospital have its main switchboard engaged? The other number was "PALS" (whatever that is). I phoned it. There was an answerphone. Call this customer services? I don't!
The hospital wants to be an independent NHS Trust, yet it can't even run a switchboard, post direct line phone numbers on its website or provide helpful information like the opening times of the blood test service! On the other hand from a customer service point of view things can only get better - even local councils manage better customer services than this.
You may also want to watch:
The Old Drive, WGC
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street