Sir - The QEII – couldn t run a switchboard in a telephone exchange! This morning I tried to phone the QEII to find out about getting a blood test. The main number given on their website (a Stevenage number) was the switchboard. I phoned it. It was engag
Sir - The QEII - couldn't run a switchboard in a telephone exchange!
This morning I tried to phone the QEII to find out about getting a blood test. The main number given on their website (a Stevenage number) was the switchboard. I phoned it. It was engaged!
How on earth can a hospital have its main switchboard engaged? The other number was "PALS" (whatever that is). I phoned it. There was an answerphone. Call this customer services? I don't!
The hospital wants to be an independent NHS Trust, yet it can't even run a switchboard, post direct line phone numbers on its website or provide helpful information like the opening times of the blood test service! On the other hand from a customer service point of view things can only get better - even local councils manage better customer services than this.
The Old Drive, WGC
- 1 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 2 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 3 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 7 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 9 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 10 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City