Successful Welwyn Garden City pub quiz night
SIR – We held a quiz night at The Cork on Tuesday last week in aid of the mayor of Welwn Hatfield Council s charities, The Women s Refuge and The Willow Foundation. The night was very successful. We had 27 teams and raised a total of �637. I would like
SIR - We held a quiz night at The Cork on Tuesday last week in aid of the mayor of Welwn Hatfield Council's charities, The Women's Refuge and The Willow Foundation.
The night was very successful. We had 27 teams and raised a total of �637.
I would like to thank everybody that took part in the quiz, and I would particularly like to thank the many local businesses that donated prizes for a raffle. These include Fu Hao, Indian Spice, BeBo's, Toni&Guy, Marc Lawrence, John Lewis, The Body Shop, Richards Audio, Gamestation, Co-Operative Travel, Lamberts the Florists and The Fun House Toy Store.
It's heartwarming to see such generosity in the current climate.
You may also want to watch:
Landlord, The Cork, WGC.
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 3 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas