Successful Welwyn Garden City pub quiz night
SIR – We held a quiz night at The Cork on Tuesday last week in aid of the mayor of Welwn Hatfield Council s charities, The Women s Refuge and The Willow Foundation. The night was very successful. We had 27 teams and raised a total of �637. I would like
SIR - We held a quiz night at The Cork on Tuesday last week in aid of the mayor of Welwn Hatfield Council's charities, The Women's Refuge and The Willow Foundation.
The night was very successful. We had 27 teams and raised a total of �637.
I would like to thank everybody that took part in the quiz, and I would particularly like to thank the many local businesses that donated prizes for a raffle. These include Fu Hao, Indian Spice, BeBo's, Toni&Guy, Marc Lawrence, John Lewis, The Body Shop, Richards Audio, Gamestation, Co-Operative Travel, Lamberts the Florists and The Fun House Toy Store.
It's heartwarming to see such generosity in the current climate.
You may also want to watch:
Landlord, The Cork, WGC.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 5 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire