Successful Welwyn Garden City pub quiz night
SIR – We held a quiz night at The Cork on Tuesday last week in aid of the mayor of Welwn Hatfield Council s charities, The Women s Refuge and The Willow Foundation. The night was very successful. We had 27 teams and raised a total of �637. I would like
SIR - We held a quiz night at The Cork on Tuesday last week in aid of the mayor of Welwn Hatfield Council's charities, The Women's Refuge and The Willow Foundation.
The night was very successful. We had 27 teams and raised a total of �637.
I would like to thank everybody that took part in the quiz, and I would particularly like to thank the many local businesses that donated prizes for a raffle. These include Fu Hao, Indian Spice, BeBo's, Toni&Guy, Marc Lawrence, John Lewis, The Body Shop, Richards Audio, Gamestation, Co-Operative Travel, Lamberts the Florists and The Fun House Toy Store.
It's heartwarming to see such generosity in the current climate.
You may also want to watch:
Landlord, The Cork, WGC.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Police disperse large group near the university
- 4 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 5 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 6 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 9 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 10 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'