Dear Editor I have been asked to write about the disgraceful state of our street lighting. I also am struggling in the dark like the others. The street lights covering Elm Road, Maple Close and the surrounding area are all without lights. Now Maple
I have been asked to write about the disgraceful state of our street lighting. I also am struggling in the dark like the others. The street lights covering Elm Road, Maple Close and the surrounding area are all without lights. Now Maple Close is a set of 8 bungalows which are all Warden controlled with the occupants being at least old age pensioners and quite a few of us are over 70 years young. As you can imagine trying to walk when you can't see where you are putting your feet is very difficult and if you are like me registered disabled it is literally deadly. I have spoken with the Highways Maintenance Department and a very kind gentleman, Mr Halsey, listened to my tale of woe and the history of several(3) e-mails reporting the state of affairs, one County Councillor reporting on my behalf, and two of the inmates of Maple Close reporting ( and being told Highways knew nothing about it). It turns out that when a whole circuit seems to be out, the job is given to EDF (sorry no-one can tell me what EDF stands for) and they say it will take 5 days for someone to come out and check the wiring etc. Then another, up to, 28 days for anything to be done. We have been without lights for 10 days now, the question is when does the 28 days period start from and is this right. No, it is not, no-one should be left in the dark for such a long time especially old age pensioners. What are our Councillors going to do about it ???
Sheila C Tidy
You may also want to watch:
Chairman Welwyn Hatfield Liberal Democrats
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 4 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 5 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 6 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 8 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire