Still need support
Sir – Allow me to set the record straight on how much it actually costs Welwyn Hatfield Ethnic Minority Group to host Kaleidoscope Festival, the area s annual cultural celebration event – ( Joy as festival lands £6,000 grant – WHT, January 30). As repor
Sir - Allow me to set the record straight on how much it actually costs Welwyn Hatfield Ethnic Minority Group to host Kaleidoscope Festival, the area's annual cultural celebration event - ('Joy as festival lands £6,000 grant' - WHT, January 30).
As reported, the assistance from Welwyn Hatfield Council is a welcome boost to our finances as plans for this year's event gather pace.
The grant, however, only helps us to meet a small part of the total costs of hosting the largest free summer event in the area.
This year's celebrations will cost us £27,000, rising to over £70,000 when contributions of individual members of the community, (who volunteer their time and skills), and support in kind, are included.
As we have to raise every penny of the direct costs, support from all our sponsors and well-wishers is vital to ensure the festival's continued success.
We would, therefore, like to reassure potential financial donors and supporters, disappointed at having missed the chance to be part of this successful community event. We have plenty of room and we would be delighted to welcome them on board.
- 1 Six buses damaged at Potters Bar Bus Garage after 'significant' blaze
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 7 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 8 League Two sides heading to Potters Bar Town for pre-season
- 9 Man suffers leg injuries after stabbing at Queensway in Hatfield
- 10 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
The same goes to members of our local community who would like to be volunteers, both as members of the festival's organising committee or on the day of the celebrations.
Just get in touch, either by telephone (01707 262548) or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
More details about the festival are also available on our website - www.kalfest.org.uk