Spiteful and cynical
Sir –Mrs Lanning raises a valuable question when she asks What has happened to the Government s initiative that every child matters? and has any consideration of this agenda been given by Hertfordshire County Council with regard to their decision to clo
Sir -Mrs Lanning raises a valuable question when she asks 'What has happened to the Government's initiative that every child matters?' and has any consideration of this agenda been given by Hertfordshire County Council with regard to their decision to close Sunny Bank School?.
Well the answer is obviously no.
The county council is a Tory-led administration with a cynical disregard for merely abiding with legislation.
Hence a lack of common sense.
Rather like the good old not really bad old days of Thatcher and Major.
What people are currently experiencing is punishment from a spiteful opposition, suffering from the lack of absolute power they once enjoyed, running riot across 'their shire'.
- 1 Six buses damaged at Potters Bar Bus Garage after 'significant' blaze
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 7 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 8 League Two sides heading to Potters Bar Town for pre-season
- 9 Man suffers leg injuries after stabbing at Queensway in Hatfield
- 10 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
As cynics they'll take any and every opportunity to blame the Government for our woes and in turn take credit where it's not due. Anyone that ever votes for people like that again really needs their brains testing.
Local Authority Governor, Sunny Bank School.