Spiteful and cynical
Sir –Mrs Lanning raises a valuable question when she asks What has happened to the Government s initiative that every child matters? and has any consideration of this agenda been given by Hertfordshire County Council with regard to their decision to clo
Sir -Mrs Lanning raises a valuable question when she asks 'What has happened to the Government's initiative that every child matters?' and has any consideration of this agenda been given by Hertfordshire County Council with regard to their decision to close Sunny Bank School?.
Well the answer is obviously no.
The county council is a Tory-led administration with a cynical disregard for merely abiding with legislation.
Hence a lack of common sense.
You may also want to watch:
Rather like the good old not really bad old days of Thatcher and Major.
What people are currently experiencing is punishment from a spiteful opposition, suffering from the lack of absolute power they once enjoyed, running riot across 'their shire'.
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 3 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 7 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 8 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 9 ‘I want to inspire people’ - fundraiser set for sky dive in memory of mother
- 10 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
As cynics they'll take any and every opportunity to blame the Government for our woes and in turn take credit where it's not due. Anyone that ever votes for people like that again really needs their brains testing.
Local Authority Governor, Sunny Bank School.