Spend money of existing town centre
Sir – I write with regards to the shelved development of Hatfield Town Centre reported in WHT May 7. Would it not have been better to have spent the money wasted on the planning, signage, compulsory purchase and so on, on renovating the town centre that w
Sir - I write with regards to the shelved development of Hatfield Town Centre reported in WHT May 7.
Would it not have been better to have spent the money wasted on the planning, signage, compulsory purchase and so on, on renovating the town centre that we already have.
Can we now hope that the council will now smarten up the town, weed, make safe the uneven pavements, trim the trees in The Common so pedestrians can see when they are crossing the road and sweep the roads.
I have been in business personally in Hatfield for many years and am involved in probably the oldest business in Hatfield and I feel embarrassed by the state of the place.
You may also want to watch:
All businesses should have had a rate reduction over the past few years while this development had been promised. What has happened to all our rates if nothing has been spent on the town during this period.
Please I urge the powers that be to spend money on rejuvenating Hatfield, let try and make our town centre as good as the council's favourite town, WGC.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
Mrs M Burgess