Smug and self satisfying
Sir – I am writing to express my complete disgust at the smug and self satisfying article in the current Hertfordshire Horizons (county council magazine) by David Lloyd, executive member of resources. His remarks regarding the schools situation in
Sir - I am writing to express my complete disgust at the smug and self satisfying article in the current Hertfordshire Horizons (county council magazine) by David Lloyd, executive member of resources.
His remarks regarding the schools situation in Hertfordshire, I deem insensitive and condescending to say the least, considering the damage done to numerous schools in Hertfordshire recently.
I no longer have any trust in the over-bearing and callous behaviour of so called experienced and intelligent members of the council.
Mr Lloyd will long be remembered for his blatantly ill-considered decisions. As the, until very recently, executive member for education, he is responsible for the shortage of school places in Borehamwood and Berkhamsted and was instrumental in pushing through the closure of Sunny Bank despite the misgivings of the other members of the education panel.
You may also want to watch:
I await to see if he is still gloating in the coming years, when the consequences of his actions have taken hold, and there are even more school place shortages throughout our county and even more children being taught in temporary accommodation.
I also wait eagerly, to watch as he is held accountable for his blatant negligence and mismanagement of his responsibilities.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 7 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 8 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 9 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures
P Taylor, Field View, Potters Bar.