Six storey shopping malls
SIR – I see such a waste of land in the plans for superstores and Hatfield town centre, with large single-story buildings being designed. In South Africa there are six and seven-storey shopping malls. In those malls are large play areas for children of al
SIR - I see such a waste of land in the plans for superstores and Hatfield town centre, with large single-story buildings being designed. In South Africa there are six and seven-storey shopping malls. In those malls are large play areas for children of all ages, jumping castles, mini golf, climbing apparatus, ten pin bowling, trampolines, arcade games just to mention a few.
The complex has plenty of free parking, a cinema, banks, doctors, dentists, chemists, toy stores, restaurants, two or three superstores, lawyers, insurance companies, employment agencies and pet shops just to mention a few.
There is everything in one shopping mall you do not have to drive anywhere else. So we can waste less petrol and have less cars on the road and cut down on pollution.
We did not even use the car to go shopping. My teenage children used to go and hang out at the mall and have fun with their friends, not going around to see what they could break or who they could hurt.
You may also want to watch:
Shane Lombard, by email.
- 1 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 5 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 6 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 7 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022