Six storey shopping malls
SIR – I see such a waste of land in the plans for superstores and Hatfield town centre, with large single-story buildings being designed. In South Africa there are six and seven-storey shopping malls. In those malls are large play areas for children of al
SIR - I see such a waste of land in the plans for superstores and Hatfield town centre, with large single-story buildings being designed. In South Africa there are six and seven-storey shopping malls. In those malls are large play areas for children of all ages, jumping castles, mini golf, climbing apparatus, ten pin bowling, trampolines, arcade games just to mention a few.
The complex has plenty of free parking, a cinema, banks, doctors, dentists, chemists, toy stores, restaurants, two or three superstores, lawyers, insurance companies, employment agencies and pet shops just to mention a few.
There is everything in one shopping mall you do not have to drive anywhere else. So we can waste less petrol and have less cars on the road and cut down on pollution.
We did not even use the car to go shopping. My teenage children used to go and hang out at the mall and have fun with their friends, not going around to see what they could break or who they could hurt.
Shane Lombard, by email.
- 1 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 2 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 5 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 8 Sir Elton John to play two Hertfordshire shows at Watford FC's Vicarage Road ground in 2022
- 9 Fire at University of Hertfordshire destroys kitchen
- 10 Motorcyclist "seriously" injured after car crash in Welwyn Garden City