Silos are important
SIR – The image of the site as projected by Cereal Partners is helpful and the suggestion that the silos might contain an art gallery and museum, possibly even one devoted to the history of WGC, is an excellent one. I hope that the space currently occupie
SIR - The image of the site as projected by Cereal Partners is helpful and the suggestion that the silos might contain an art gallery and museum, possibly even one devoted to the history of WGC, is an excellent one.
I hope that the space currently occupied by allotments will not be affected since these are more necessary than ever given the need to grow more food locally.
However it seems a pity that an opportunity has not been taken to incorporate some innovative ideas into the plan. What about an area for a regular market and particularly a Farmers' Market? There is nowhere in the centre where fresh, locally grown vegetables can be purchased.
And if anything is badly needed, it is an area where young people can safely rollerblade, skateboard, ride cycles and generally 'hang around'without feeling that their elders don't want them there.
You may also want to watch:
Of course more housing means more cars and parking, and more demands on schools and health facilities. The decision to focus on the Lister as the prime hospital makes even less sense in the light of Cereal Partners' plan. I do hope ourcouncil will show some courage and farsightedness when the time comes to discuss any plans.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 3 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
Handside Lane, WGC .