Should airports’ gain be our loss?
Sir – The letter headed Stevenage the right choice (WHT, January 2) has made me mad. Has Terry Rains thought about this? How many lives will be lost due to the A1 being choked up at rush hour? How many lives will be lost due to the 12-mile ride to Liste
Sir - The letter headed "Stevenage the right choice" (WHT, January 2) has made me mad. Has Terry Rains thought about this?
How many lives will be lost due to the A1 being choked up at rush hour? How many lives will be lost due to the 12-mile ride to Lister from WGC.
And to say about Stansted Airport being close by... well has he ever been along the A120? On a good day it would take at least a 35-minute drive to reach Lister.
So Terry Rains are you saying we should have Lister just in case there might be an air crash at Luton or Stansted?
Think about how many lives going to be lost due to no A&E in WGC, which saves many many lives a year.
And how many air crashes have there been in Luton and Stansted where lives have been lost? I cannot think of one.
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 3 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 4 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 5 Tournament's return brings huge joy to Welwyn Garden City Youth Football Club
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 Mother and daughter from WGC team up to offer food packages to struggling locals
- 8 Fifteen-year-old boy hospitalised after reported stabbing in Hatfield
- 9 Toyota drove ‘erratically’ during suspected drug-fuelled trip in Hatfield
- 10 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
Name and address supplied.