Should airports’ gain be our loss?
Sir – The letter headed Stevenage the right choice (WHT, January 2) has made me mad. Has Terry Rains thought about this? How many lives will be lost due to the A1 being choked up at rush hour? How many lives will be lost due to the 12-mile ride to Liste
Sir - The letter headed "Stevenage the right choice" (WHT, January 2) has made me mad. Has Terry Rains thought about this?
How many lives will be lost due to the A1 being choked up at rush hour? How many lives will be lost due to the 12-mile ride to Lister from WGC.
And to say about Stansted Airport being close by... well has he ever been along the A120? On a good day it would take at least a 35-minute drive to reach Lister.
So Terry Rains are you saying we should have Lister just in case there might be an air crash at Luton or Stansted?
You may also want to watch:
Think about how many lives going to be lost due to no A&E in WGC, which saves many many lives a year.
And how many air crashes have there been in Luton and Stansted where lives have been lost? I cannot think of one.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 3 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Explore Hertford Castle at free open day
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
Name and address supplied.