Should airports’ gain be our loss?
Sir – The letter headed Stevenage the right choice (WHT, January 2) has made me mad. Has Terry Rains thought about this? How many lives will be lost due to the A1 being choked up at rush hour? How many lives will be lost due to the 12-mile ride to Liste
Sir - The letter headed "Stevenage the right choice" (WHT, January 2) has made me mad. Has Terry Rains thought about this?
How many lives will be lost due to the A1 being choked up at rush hour? How many lives will be lost due to the 12-mile ride to Lister from WGC.
And to say about Stansted Airport being close by... well has he ever been along the A120? On a good day it would take at least a 35-minute drive to reach Lister.
So Terry Rains are you saying we should have Lister just in case there might be an air crash at Luton or Stansted?
You may also want to watch:
Think about how many lives going to be lost due to no A&E in WGC, which saves many many lives a year.
And how many air crashes have there been in Luton and Stansted where lives have been lost? I cannot think of one.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 3 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
Name and address supplied.