Should airports’ gain be our loss?
Sir – The letter headed Stevenage the right choice (WHT, January 2) has made me mad. Has Terry Rains thought about this? How many lives will be lost due to the A1 being choked up at rush hour? How many lives will be lost due to the 12-mile ride to Liste
Sir - The letter headed "Stevenage the right choice" (WHT, January 2) has made me mad. Has Terry Rains thought about this?
How many lives will be lost due to the A1 being choked up at rush hour? How many lives will be lost due to the 12-mile ride to Lister from WGC.
And to say about Stansted Airport being close by... well has he ever been along the A120? On a good day it would take at least a 35-minute drive to reach Lister.
So Terry Rains are you saying we should have Lister just in case there might be an air crash at Luton or Stansted?
You may also want to watch:
Think about how many lives going to be lost due to no A&E in WGC, which saves many many lives a year.
And how many air crashes have there been in Luton and Stansted where lives have been lost? I cannot think of one.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 6 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 7 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Former healthcare worker nominated for role model award due to rare illness awareness campaign
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
Name and address supplied.