Selfish parkers in Welwyn Hatfield
Sir – With increasing numbers of people living in the area having more than one vehicle per household it is known that parking for these vehicles is a common and increasing problem. In Boundary Lane, there are garage blocks either side of Boundary House.
Sir - With increasing numbers of people living in the area having more than one vehicle per household it is known that parking for these vehicles is a common and increasing problem.
In Boundary Lane, there are garage blocks either side of Boundary House. Contrary to the beliefs of a few individuals these garages are in use by local residents. The garage block access way to the left of Boundary House as you face it is also an emergency/exit access point for emergency vehicles.
On repeated occasions, both early morning and evening as well as during the day and night, this access has been blocked by people parking their vehicles on the pavement to the right of the access or parking on the strip of grass to the left but overlapping thus reducing the width of access available to vehicles entering or leaving the garage block.
If the two should be present at the same time vehicles are obstructed and either unable to enter the block to be put in a garage or can not be driven out of the block leaving the vehicle and owner effectively trapped.
You may also want to watch:
The simple thing some might say would be to knock on doors to find the owner(s). More difficult when considering that Boundary House itself has at least 45 residences not to mention the housing nearby. There is also no guarantee that the owner(s) will be in the locality and not enjoying themselves down the pub!
This blockage/obstruction is unfair to those people who rent these garages from the council and use them (of which I am one).
- 1 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 4 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
- 8 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 9 Remembering the life of daring test pilot Geoffrey de Havilland Jr - 75 years on from his tragic death
- 10 Riding charity holds online art and photography competition
Whether it is to park a vehicle or use a garage for storage we do not pay rent on these garages to be able to gain access to them for only part of the time. Or around someone else's shift patterns.
Some of us have set working hours and need to access our garages every morning. Why should we be late for work because of someone else's selfishness? There may be a family problem or other emergency for someone using the garages where any delay in accessing their vehicle may mean a difference in the outcome.
The majority of people in the area have consideration for others but the actions of the few, whether visitors or residents, cause problems for others.
I appreciate it is difficult to find somewhere to park, but there is no excuse for causing problems for other people.
Name and address supplied.