SIR – Perhaps other readers have also noticed it s been snowing. That seems to have been more of a problem for our services than everybody else. Most people seem to have got about by car or on foot, despite the lack of gritting on local roads and footpat
SIR - Perhaps other readers have also noticed it's been snowing. That seems to have been more of a problem for our services than everybody else.
Most people seem to have got about by car or on foot, despite the lack of gritting on local roads and footpaths.
Our postie and butcher have delivered; the milkman hasn't missed a beat.
But what has been the council's response? To pull down the shutters.
You may also want to watch:
Rubbish collections? Failed. Recycling? Failed. Meals on wheels? Failed. Dog waste bin clear up? Failed.
However, you can always find good news somewhere. As the snow melted, my wife pointed out to me that Hollybush Lane had been gritted.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
Closer inspection showed that, no, it was the road surface that was breaking up further. What benign neglect that let the road grit itself!
Jon Westoby, via email.