SIR – Perhaps other readers have also noticed it s been snowing. That seems to have been more of a problem for our services than everybody else. Most people seem to have got about by car or on foot, despite the lack of gritting on local roads and footpat
SIR - Perhaps other readers have also noticed it's been snowing. That seems to have been more of a problem for our services than everybody else.
Most people seem to have got about by car or on foot, despite the lack of gritting on local roads and footpaths.
Our postie and butcher have delivered; the milkman hasn't missed a beat.
But what has been the council's response? To pull down the shutters.
You may also want to watch:
Rubbish collections? Failed. Recycling? Failed. Meals on wheels? Failed. Dog waste bin clear up? Failed.
However, you can always find good news somewhere. As the snow melted, my wife pointed out to me that Hollybush Lane had been gritted.
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 5 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 6 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 10 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
Closer inspection showed that, no, it was the road surface that was breaking up further. What benign neglect that let the road grit itself!
Jon Westoby, via email.