SIR – Perhaps other readers have also noticed it s been snowing. That seems to have been more of a problem for our services than everybody else. Most people seem to have got about by car or on foot, despite the lack of gritting on local roads and footpat
SIR - Perhaps other readers have also noticed it's been snowing. That seems to have been more of a problem for our services than everybody else.
Most people seem to have got about by car or on foot, despite the lack of gritting on local roads and footpaths.
Our postie and butcher have delivered; the milkman hasn't missed a beat.
But what has been the council's response? To pull down the shutters.
You may also want to watch:
Rubbish collections? Failed. Recycling? Failed. Meals on wheels? Failed. Dog waste bin clear up? Failed.
However, you can always find good news somewhere. As the snow melted, my wife pointed out to me that Hollybush Lane had been gritted.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
Closer inspection showed that, no, it was the road surface that was breaking up further. What benign neglect that let the road grit itself!
Jon Westoby, via email.