SIR – Perhaps other readers have also noticed it s been snowing. That seems to have been more of a problem for our services than everybody else. Most people seem to have got about by car or on foot, despite the lack of gritting on local roads and footpat
SIR - Perhaps other readers have also noticed it's been snowing. That seems to have been more of a problem for our services than everybody else.
Most people seem to have got about by car or on foot, despite the lack of gritting on local roads and footpaths.
Our postie and butcher have delivered; the milkman hasn't missed a beat.
But what has been the council's response? To pull down the shutters.
You may also want to watch:
Rubbish collections? Failed. Recycling? Failed. Meals on wheels? Failed. Dog waste bin clear up? Failed.
However, you can always find good news somewhere. As the snow melted, my wife pointed out to me that Hollybush Lane had been gritted.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
- 9 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 10 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
Closer inspection showed that, no, it was the road surface that was breaking up further. What benign neglect that let the road grit itself!
Jon Westoby, via email.