Running rings around school rules
SIR – Regarding the article Stay-at-home Hatfield pupil in row over earrings (WHT, March 25): I fully support the headteacher on this matter as the jewellery policy of the school is made perfectly clear when your child first starts at the school. The h
SIR - Regarding the article 'Stay-at-home Hatfield pupil in row over earrings' (WHT, March 25): I fully support the headteacher on this matter as the jewellery policy of the school is made perfectly clear when your child first starts at the school.
The headteacher has stated that the parent has signed a copy of the home school agreement when the child started at the school so what is her problem?
I am absolutely fed up of people who think that the rules do not apply to them.
Not only is the mother teaching her child to disregard any rules which are made but it also highlights the fact that the parent obviously feels that a pair of earrings is more important than her child's education. Unbelievable!
You may also want to watch:
Parent of a child at Onslow St Audrey's, Hatfield (name and address supplied).
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 7 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank