SIR – Can you tell me... why do I pay my council tax? I live in Pond Croft in Hatfield and for six years have had to put up with living next to a rubbish dump. If it isn t bad enough there being only two bins for three blocks of flats, some of the
SIR - Can you tell me... why do I pay my council tax?
I live in Pond Croft in Hatfield and for six years have had to put up with living next to a rubbish dump.
If it isn't bad enough there being only two bins for three blocks of flats, some of the residents don't even bother bringing their rubbish down to the bins. Instead they just throw it over the side of the balcony.
Also on more than a few occasions builders have pulled up in vans and fly tipped old wiring, plasterboard and cookers to mention just a few things..
All this junk is positioned right outside my flat and most of the time under my window.
Not to forget of course the drug addicts that dump their needles without a care on the ground.
- 1 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 2 Delight as Welwyn Garden City’s Rowan Tree crowned Nursery of the Year
- 3 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 4 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
- 5 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 6 Motorcyclist seriously injured in crash with car and van in Potters Bar
- 7 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 8 Woman left with injuries after dog attack in Woolmer Green
- 9 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 10 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
After getting a council tax bill for about �1,500 what the hell is it that I am paying for?
I work all day and every time I get home there is something else dumped there or split open because it has just been dropped from a height.
It is beyond a joke... what can I do about it? Refuse to pay my council tax? Or should I take the rubbish that is ill disposed of back up to the persons responsible and dump it on their doorstep and see how they like it?!
Joe Anderson, via email.