SIR – Can you tell me... why do I pay my council tax? I live in Pond Croft in Hatfield and for six years have had to put up with living next to a rubbish dump. If it isn t bad enough there being only two bins for three blocks of flats, some of the
SIR - Can you tell me... why do I pay my council tax?
I live in Pond Croft in Hatfield and for six years have had to put up with living next to a rubbish dump.
If it isn't bad enough there being only two bins for three blocks of flats, some of the residents don't even bother bringing their rubbish down to the bins. Instead they just throw it over the side of the balcony.
Also on more than a few occasions builders have pulled up in vans and fly tipped old wiring, plasterboard and cookers to mention just a few things..
You may also want to watch:
All this junk is positioned right outside my flat and most of the time under my window.
Not to forget of course the drug addicts that dump their needles without a care on the ground.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
After getting a council tax bill for about �1,500 what the hell is it that I am paying for?
I work all day and every time I get home there is something else dumped there or split open because it has just been dropped from a height.
It is beyond a joke... what can I do about it? Refuse to pay my council tax? Or should I take the rubbish that is ill disposed of back up to the persons responsible and dump it on their doorstep and see how they like it?!
Joe Anderson, via email.