SIR – Can you tell me... why do I pay my council tax? I live in Pond Croft in Hatfield and for six years have had to put up with living next to a rubbish dump. If it isn t bad enough there being only two bins for three blocks of flats, some of the
SIR - Can you tell me... why do I pay my council tax?
I live in Pond Croft in Hatfield and for six years have had to put up with living next to a rubbish dump.
If it isn't bad enough there being only two bins for three blocks of flats, some of the residents don't even bother bringing their rubbish down to the bins. Instead they just throw it over the side of the balcony.
Also on more than a few occasions builders have pulled up in vans and fly tipped old wiring, plasterboard and cookers to mention just a few things..
You may also want to watch:
All this junk is positioned right outside my flat and most of the time under my window.
Not to forget of course the drug addicts that dump their needles without a care on the ground.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
After getting a council tax bill for about �1,500 what the hell is it that I am paying for?
I work all day and every time I get home there is something else dumped there or split open because it has just been dropped from a height.
It is beyond a joke... what can I do about it? Refuse to pay my council tax? Or should I take the rubbish that is ill disposed of back up to the persons responsible and dump it on their doorstep and see how they like it?!
Joe Anderson, via email.