Report these young thugs
SIR – I totally agree with Rossano Nocera s comments (WHT, February 27) with regard to the children deliberately dropping debris along the B1000 recently. I was travelling down Waterside towards the B1000 at around 5.15pm last week and four boys (no mo
SIR - I totally agree with Rossano Nocera's comments (WHT, February 27) with regard to the children deliberately dropping debris along the B1000 recently.
I was travelling down Waterside towards the B1000 at around 5.15pm last week and four boys (no more than 12 years old) were throwing branches of trees into the road. There was also a small child's plastic pram in the centre of the carriageway.
As I turned left onto the B1000 a very large piece of tree trunk was across one of the carriageways. Fortunately I managed to avoid it as the opposite side of the road happened to be clear at the time but it was extremely dangerous and I dread to think what happened to the cars which were following me.
I could not stop as I was followed closely by other traffic at the time. I hope these young thugs are proud of themselves - should I see them again I will have no hesitation in stopping, taking their names and addresses and reporting them to the police.
You may also want to watch:
Name and address supplied.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 6 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 7 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Former healthcare worker nominated for role model award due to rare illness awareness campaign
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield