Repairs more important
SIR – The roads around Herts are in a very dangerous state of repair with very high risk to public safety. Do you feel the money spent and about to be spent on Knightsfield would have been better spent on road repairs which would make people s lives a lot
SIR - The roads around Herts are in a very dangerous state of repair with very high risk to public safety.
Do you feel the money spent and about to be spent on Knightsfield would have been better spent on road repairs which would make people's lives a lot safer?
Speedbumps especially on hills cause pollution and noise which can have a major effect on health and safety - a person dying or injured from pollution does not count on your traffic statistics.
Emergency services need fast access, seconds costs lives.
There should be a census before they continue with the work, and run an open forum on the internet. Then we might be able to trust them.
I left my objection on top of a pile at Monks Walk school
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Uni of Herts student loses arm on Turkish holiday
- 3 Campaigners close in on fundraising target ahead BioPark appeal
- 4 Multi-vehicle crash on M25 near Potters Bar
- 5 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 6 IN PICTURES: The return of Kimpton Folk Festival
- 7 Children take to the stage for Potters Bar talent show
- 8 Potters Bar RSPCA looking for new homes for farm animals
- 9 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 10 Hatfield tenant upset over housing issue that has yet to be rectified after a year
Knightsfield is just one of the many roads in need of resurfacing. If the budget does not stretch, then a crew with a van and tarmac does not cost as much as a planning department.
B G Eveleigh, Cherry Croft, WGC.