Repairs more important
SIR – The roads around Herts are in a very dangerous state of repair with very high risk to public safety. Do you feel the money spent and about to be spent on Knightsfield would have been better spent on road repairs which would make people s lives a lot
SIR - The roads around Herts are in a very dangerous state of repair with very high risk to public safety.
Do you feel the money spent and about to be spent on Knightsfield would have been better spent on road repairs which would make people's lives a lot safer?
Speedbumps especially on hills cause pollution and noise which can have a major effect on health and safety - a person dying or injured from pollution does not count on your traffic statistics.
Emergency services need fast access, seconds costs lives.
You may also want to watch:
There should be a census before they continue with the work, and run an open forum on the internet. Then we might be able to trust them.
I left my objection on top of a pile at Monks Walk school
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 4 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 5 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 6 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 7 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 8 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 9 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 10 Smart new kits for Welwyn's men who maintain unbeaten start to new hockey season
Knightsfield is just one of the many roads in need of resurfacing. If the budget does not stretch, then a crew with a van and tarmac does not cost as much as a planning department.
B G Eveleigh, Cherry Croft, WGC.