Repairs more important
SIR – The roads around Herts are in a very dangerous state of repair with very high risk to public safety. Do you feel the money spent and about to be spent on Knightsfield would have been better spent on road repairs which would make people s lives a lot
SIR - The roads around Herts are in a very dangerous state of repair with very high risk to public safety.
Do you feel the money spent and about to be spent on Knightsfield would have been better spent on road repairs which would make people's lives a lot safer?
Speedbumps especially on hills cause pollution and noise which can have a major effect on health and safety - a person dying or injured from pollution does not count on your traffic statistics.
Emergency services need fast access, seconds costs lives.
You may also want to watch:
There should be a census before they continue with the work, and run an open forum on the internet. Then we might be able to trust them.
I left my objection on top of a pile at Monks Walk school
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 5 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 6 Student gets programming with Code Ninjas
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Travel business calls for Grant Shapps visit to ‘see what a travel agent is’
- 9 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 10 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
Knightsfield is just one of the many roads in need of resurfacing. If the budget does not stretch, then a crew with a van and tarmac does not cost as much as a planning department.
B G Eveleigh, Cherry Croft, WGC.