Repairs more important
SIR – The roads around Herts are in a very dangerous state of repair with very high risk to public safety. Do you feel the money spent and about to be spent on Knightsfield would have been better spent on road repairs which would make people s lives a lot
SIR - The roads around Herts are in a very dangerous state of repair with very high risk to public safety.
Do you feel the money spent and about to be spent on Knightsfield would have been better spent on road repairs which would make people's lives a lot safer?
Speedbumps especially on hills cause pollution and noise which can have a major effect on health and safety - a person dying or injured from pollution does not count on your traffic statistics.
Emergency services need fast access, seconds costs lives.
There should be a census before they continue with the work, and run an open forum on the internet. Then we might be able to trust them.
I left my objection on top of a pile at Monks Walk school
- 1 Council to meet with Howard Centre and M&S over store closure
- 2 Free electric vehicle charging at new charging points
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Controversial plans to build quarry in Hatfield scrapped
- 5 Fly-tipping on the rise as council determined to ‘eradicate the problem’
- 6 What is the future for The Howard Centre?
- 7 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 8 Man uses racist language in verbal attack
- 9 New Welwyn Garden City cycling improvements to be simulated
- 10 Plans to build 80 new flats in Hatfield approved
Knightsfield is just one of the many roads in need of resurfacing. If the budget does not stretch, then a crew with a van and tarmac does not cost as much as a planning department.
B G Eveleigh, Cherry Croft, WGC.