Race for Life parking charge shame
SIR – With reference to the car parking charges at Stanborough Lakes on the day of the Race for Life… Yes, I think the council should give all the proceeds from the car parks to the charity. There was no need for parking attendants to be there. It is not
SIR - With reference to the car parking charges at Stanborough Lakes on the day of the Race for Life...
Yes, I think the council should give all the proceeds from the car parks to the charity.
There was no need for parking attendants to be there. It is not rocket science to be able to park a car.
When I arrived with my daughter Katie, who was competing in the event with a friend, I parked and was told it would be 65p. The official in the yellow jacket said - and he was heard by many people around me - that all the money was going to the charity.
You may also want to watch:
I chipped in saying why, then, did people from the charity not stand at the entrance to the car parks and take donations from motorists.
I would trust them far more than the council.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
I said to people around me at the time the man in a yellow coat with an official grin on his face was giving us a load of tosh.
In fact I said to him, are you sure all the money was going to the charity? And he said a quick 'Yes'.
Well, I now know that was a lot of bull and I hope people remember me asking him about the cost and me saying, tongue in cheek at the time, I hope he is telling the truth.
We know now he wasn't and the council just pocketed an unexpected bonus from an event to raise money for a charity that will save lives.
Shame on you, Welwyn Hatfield Council.
Bob Bryant, Ellesfield, Welwyn.
SIR - A big thank you to the kind lady who I think might have been Race for Life no.2076 who gave my daughter her fluffy pink deely boppers to wear for the race.
Elaine Giles, Redhall Drive Hatfield.