QE2 staff were kind and caring
SIR – I just wanted to write to you with regard to my visit to the QE2 Hospital on Saturday, January 9.
We hear so many condemning stories about hospitals and the NHS nowadays, that I thought this made a welcoming change of praise to our health service.
I had to attend the QE2 for a dental operation under general anaesthetic and I was absolutely dreading it!
I started off from my home in Broxbourne at 7am in the morning under the most daunting conditions; not only was it dark at this time, but there was freezing snow and ice everywhere.
I think this made the whole scenario even worse!
You may also want to watch:
After being admitted to the ward, it was still dark and I was terrified, as other ‘dental terrified patients’ can imagine.
However, the kindest care and attention that I received from all staff at Queen’s Wing on this day was absolutely incredible.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 5 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 6 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 7 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 8 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 9 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 10 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
Even the anaesthetist himself, the top man showed me kindness and consideration before and after my operation that one might only expect from being a private patient.
Their skills and professionalism of seeing me through this dreadful day made all the difference to my wellbeing and every now and then I think staff like this, involved in such an important profession, should receive an accolade for their duty to us the patients.
Thank you to all staff at the QE2 and may the NHS continue in this caring and thoughtful way throughout the country!