QE2 staff were kind and caring
SIR – I just wanted to write to you with regard to my visit to the QE2 Hospital on Saturday, January 9.
We hear so many condemning stories about hospitals and the NHS nowadays, that I thought this made a welcoming change of praise to our health service.
I had to attend the QE2 for a dental operation under general anaesthetic and I was absolutely dreading it!
I started off from my home in Broxbourne at 7am in the morning under the most daunting conditions; not only was it dark at this time, but there was freezing snow and ice everywhere.
I think this made the whole scenario even worse!
After being admitted to the ward, it was still dark and I was terrified, as other ‘dental terrified patients’ can imagine.
However, the kindest care and attention that I received from all staff at Queen’s Wing on this day was absolutely incredible.
- 1 Remembering WGC stalwart Robert Robinson
- 2 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 3 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 4 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 5 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 6 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 7 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
- 8 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 9 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 10 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
Even the anaesthetist himself, the top man showed me kindness and consideration before and after my operation that one might only expect from being a private patient.
Their skills and professionalism of seeing me through this dreadful day made all the difference to my wellbeing and every now and then I think staff like this, involved in such an important profession, should receive an accolade for their duty to us the patients.
Thank you to all staff at the QE2 and may the NHS continue in this caring and thoughtful way throughout the country!