QE2 staff were kind and caring
SIR – I just wanted to write to you with regard to my visit to the QE2 Hospital on Saturday, January 9.
We hear so many condemning stories about hospitals and the NHS nowadays, that I thought this made a welcoming change of praise to our health service.
I had to attend the QE2 for a dental operation under general anaesthetic and I was absolutely dreading it!
I started off from my home in Broxbourne at 7am in the morning under the most daunting conditions; not only was it dark at this time, but there was freezing snow and ice everywhere.
I think this made the whole scenario even worse!
You may also want to watch:
After being admitted to the ward, it was still dark and I was terrified, as other ‘dental terrified patients’ can imagine.
However, the kindest care and attention that I received from all staff at Queen’s Wing on this day was absolutely incredible.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman as two men charged with murder
- 2 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 3 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 4 New ITV teen drama Tell Me Everything being filmed in Welwyn Garden City
- 5 Campus West car park planning application submitted
- 6 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 7 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Spotting the signs: a personal insight into suicide
- 10 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
Even the anaesthetist himself, the top man showed me kindness and consideration before and after my operation that one might only expect from being a private patient.
Their skills and professionalism of seeing me through this dreadful day made all the difference to my wellbeing and every now and then I think staff like this, involved in such an important profession, should receive an accolade for their duty to us the patients.
Thank you to all staff at the QE2 and may the NHS continue in this caring and thoughtful way throughout the country!