Proud to be members of this Welwyn Garden City club
SIR – Further to your article of August 5, relating to the refusal of The Shamrock Club [in WGC] to allow a banned individual to attend his uncle s wake. As members of the Shamrock we are rightly proud of the reputation of our club. When we join, we
SIR - Further to your article of August 5, relating to the refusal of The Shamrock Club [in WGC] to allow a banned individual to attend his uncle's wake.
As members of the Shamrock we are rightly proud of the reputation of our club. When we join, we agree to follow the rules and abide by our committee decisions.
We have an excellent committee here which undertakes its duties with diligence and pride.
It is an honour to be members of such a well run association. Unlike so many other social clubs at this time The Shamrock has a waiting list to join.
I and other members would like you to explain how you would have liked our committee to have behaved.
As an established and trusted local paper I would have expected you to applaud the stance of the Shamrock Club.
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 4 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby
- 5 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 6 Council fights for lower housing targets
- 7 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 £45m bid to improve QEII Hospital
- 10 Flooding in Hatfield 'damages' vehicles
Woe betides that you report on some of the many good things that occur in the Shamrock Club.
Name and address supplied.
Editor's note: It is not for the WHT to judge or comment on whether the club's action was correct or otherwise. We purely reported the story, as we do all stories, accurately and in a balanced manner.