Welwyn Garden City home with basement air raid shelter on sale for £1.25m
- Credit: Wrights
This exceptional 2,100 sq ft property is ideally placed on one of Welwyn Garden City's most sought-after streets.
Built in 1939, the original garden city home has been in the same ownership for more than 50 years.
Its four floors boast countless character features, including Crittall windows, a basement air raid shelter and a vast loft space.
Located on prestigious Sherrardspark Road, the house occupies a wide plot with a landscaped, south-facing rear garden.
Ground floor accommodation comprises three reception rooms, a large kitchen and utility room and a cloakroom.
The first floor is home to four double bedrooms, a large bathroom suite and a separate WC.
The property is within easy access of Sherrardspark Wood, and a short level walk from the town centre and mainline station, which serves Kings Cross and Moorgate in under 30 minutes.
- 1 Man in his 80s attacked by dog in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Welwyn Hatfield landlord prosecuted for safety breaches at rental property
- 3 Police release CCTV imagery following Hatfield brawl
- 4 See inside this unique £7,500 per month rental home in Welwyn Garden City
- 5 WGC station to receive a makeover by local gardening group
- 6 Potters Bar care team wins innovation accolade at annual awards ceremony
- 7 Smiles aplenty as Potters Bar Carnival returns after two-year break
- 8 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 9 Welwyn Hatfield Labour calls on Grant Shapps to negotiate over rail strikes
- 10 WGC's Vegan Market is back for one more day
It also falls within the catchment of popular local schools, including Templewood primary and Monks Walk senior school, and is being sold with no onward chain.
Sherrardspark Road, Welwyn Garden City
Guide price: £1,250,000
Wrights, 01707 332211, www.wrightsof.com