Grade II listed Georgian home in Lemsford village on sale for £2m
- Credit: Putterills
This stunning period home is set in 2.75 acres in the popular Hertfordshire village of Lemsford.
The five-bed Bridge House comes complete with a detached office/garage/workshop, and scope to improve a further barn subject to planning permission.
A stand out feature of the ground floor accommodation is the large kitchen/breakfast room, with its AGA and double-fronted wood-burning stove.
There are also several reception rooms, a snug/playroom currently used as an office, a conservatory, a utility area and a downstairs cloakroom.
From the Georgian staircase and airy landing, the first floor offers a grand principal bedroom with dressing room that leads to a large en suite bathroom, plus four additional bedrooms and a family bathroom.
Externally there is private gated access opening to a sweeping driveway that is bordered to the side by a line of screening yews.
The two-storey detached garage/office building completes the surround to a large patio area at the rear of the property.
The River Lee runs alongside the grounds, providing a beautiful setting, with an old watercress bed that is a magnet for wildlife.
- 1 IN PICTURES: Stars come out for Simply Red concert in Hatfield Park
- 2 Screen on the Green returning to Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Serious shrubland fire extinguished next to M25 on Hertfordshire border
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 6 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 9 'Tesco must tackle blight of trolley-dumping in Potters Bar'
- 10 It's A Kind of Magic as Queen Symphonic's Bohemian Rhapsody rocks Hatfield Park
Through a cluster of trees there is another sizable barn with wild gardens beyond.
Bridge House, Lemsford Village, Lemsford, Welwyn Garden City
Offers in excess of £2m
Putterills, 01707 393333, www.putterills.co.uk