New care home opens in Potters Bar
- Credit: Ardale
A brand new boutique care home has opened in Potters Bar.
Potters Grange has just 20 beds for residents, including those who require nursing care.
Located on Barnet Road, it's operated by Ardale, a family-run business which has owned and managed care homes for more than 25 years.
Priding itself on not being a ‘grey corporate’, Ardale vows to deliver care and support that is meaningful to each individual, with dignity, warmth and personality.
Evan Arceo, general manager at Potters Grange, described the home as "a really special place.
"Small in the number of beds but large on space, it offer residents all the features of a large home like private dining rooms, hair salon and cinema room, but here you don’t have to share it with 80 to 100 other people," he said.
"We are a nurse-led service and because our nurses are supernumerary to the care staff, it enables us to more easily maintain each resident’s physical and mental health, while aiming to avoid all unnecessary hospital admissions."
- 1 Primary school drops to 'inadequate' Ofsted rating five years after 'Good' score
- 2 'Best headteacher' leaves Hatfield school
- 3 Older woman assaulted in Welwyn Garden City
- 4 From Welwyn Garden City to Colorado: The long-distance fiancées fundraising for a UK visa
- 5 QEII Hospital to receive million pound investment
- 6 Where you can get a walk-in booster or vaccine this weekend
- 7 Hatfield man faces murder charge
- 8 Hatfield to get new pub following £9 million investment
- 9 Planning inquiry to determine quarry plans for Hatfield Aerodrome closes
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
The first residents will begin to move in to Potters Grange in early July.
COVID-safe tours of the home are currently being offered, and a video tour is available at https://pottersgrange.co.uk/.