New care home opens in Potters Bar
- Credit: Ardale
A brand new boutique care home has opened in Potters Bar.
Potters Grange has just 20 beds for residents, including those who require nursing care.
Located on Barnet Road, it's operated by Ardale, a family-run business which has owned and managed care homes for more than 25 years.
Priding itself on not being a ‘grey corporate’, Ardale vows to deliver care and support that is meaningful to each individual, with dignity, warmth and personality.
Evan Arceo, general manager at Potters Grange, described the home as "a really special place.
You may also want to watch:
"Small in the number of beds but large on space, it offer residents all the features of a large home like private dining rooms, hair salon and cinema room, but here you don’t have to share it with 80 to 100 other people," he said.
"We are a nurse-led service and because our nurses are supernumerary to the care staff, it enables us to more easily maintain each resident’s physical and mental health, while aiming to avoid all unnecessary hospital admissions."
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 4 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 5 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 6 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 7 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 8 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 9 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 10 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
The first residents will begin to move in to Potters Grange in early July.
COVID-safe tours of the home are currently being offered, and a video tour is available at https://pottersgrange.co.uk/.