Post Office consultation 'a sham'
SIR – So the Post Office closure consultation was a sham. Just as the hospital consultation was a sham. All the effort put in for our QE2 or the proposed Hatfield hospital was a total waste of time and resources, just like the campaign to save our Post
SIR - So the Post Office closure consultation was a sham. Just as the hospital consultation was a sham. All the effort put in for our QE2 or the proposed Hatfield hospital was a total waste of time and resources, just like the campaign to save our Post Offices.
We cannot stop these public bodies from making final decisions behind closed doors.
There is just one thing we can do, however. We can all make a resolution that we will NEVER NEVER respond in any way to one of these "consultations".
If no one responds that will at least deprive them of the veneer of democracy and show them up for the dictatorial decisions they really are.
You may also want to watch:
Thrush Avenue, Hatfield.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 4 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 5 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics