Polyclinic idea not thought through
Sir – I read with interest and quite a bit of skepticism, the announcement of the creation of a polyclinic at the QE2 Hospital in WGC (WHT, March 11). I have serious doubts as to whether the powers that be have really thought everything through this
Sir - I read with interest and quite a bit of skepticism, the announcement of the creation of a 'polyclinic at the QE2 Hospital in WGC' (WHT, March 11).
I have serious doubts as to whether the powers that be have really thought everything through this time!
We are supposed, I gather, to abandon the surgeries we have been attending for decades - in my case Burvill House in Hatfield, which has always looked after me very well indeed - in order to enrol in this untried polyclinic idea. Abandon the doctors and nurses we know and trust.
Even the name of the consortium "Ephedra Healthcare", fails to inspire confidence. "Ephedra" is a Greek word meaning "reserve". "Ephedros" means "reservist" and "ephemeral" which means "temporary or transient" are also derived from the same root word - which does not bode well for the whole project!
You may also want to watch:
How permanent is the "polyclinic" supposed to be? Are we to abandon the surgeries, for another ephemeral idea dreamed up by the bureaucrats? Is it only supposed to last until the forthcoming General Election? In that case, the damage to our town caused by this unthought-through stroke of genius will create a catastophic situation, not to mention real dangers to our health due to the confusion that will ensue.
It's time for a campaign to stop this continuous tinkering with our health before it is too late.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
I hope I am wrong. Will someone please take this matter up?
Alex Benakis, Northfield, Hatfield.