Polyclinic idea not thought through
Sir – I read with interest and quite a bit of skepticism, the announcement of the creation of a polyclinic at the QE2 Hospital in WGC (WHT, March 11). I have serious doubts as to whether the powers that be have really thought everything through this
Sir - I read with interest and quite a bit of skepticism, the announcement of the creation of a 'polyclinic at the QE2 Hospital in WGC' (WHT, March 11).
I have serious doubts as to whether the powers that be have really thought everything through this time!
We are supposed, I gather, to abandon the surgeries we have been attending for decades - in my case Burvill House in Hatfield, which has always looked after me very well indeed - in order to enrol in this untried polyclinic idea. Abandon the doctors and nurses we know and trust.
Even the name of the consortium "Ephedra Healthcare", fails to inspire confidence. "Ephedra" is a Greek word meaning "reserve". "Ephedros" means "reservist" and "ephemeral" which means "temporary or transient" are also derived from the same root word - which does not bode well for the whole project!
You may also want to watch:
How permanent is the "polyclinic" supposed to be? Are we to abandon the surgeries, for another ephemeral idea dreamed up by the bureaucrats? Is it only supposed to last until the forthcoming General Election? In that case, the damage to our town caused by this unthought-through stroke of genius will create a catastophic situation, not to mention real dangers to our health due to the confusion that will ensue.
It's time for a campaign to stop this continuous tinkering with our health before it is too late.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 9 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 10 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
I hope I am wrong. Will someone please take this matter up?
Alex Benakis, Northfield, Hatfield.