Polyclinic idea not thought through
Sir – I read with interest and quite a bit of skepticism, the announcement of the creation of a polyclinic at the QE2 Hospital in WGC (WHT, March 11). I have serious doubts as to whether the powers that be have really thought everything through this
Sir - I read with interest and quite a bit of skepticism, the announcement of the creation of a 'polyclinic at the QE2 Hospital in WGC' (WHT, March 11).
I have serious doubts as to whether the powers that be have really thought everything through this time!
We are supposed, I gather, to abandon the surgeries we have been attending for decades - in my case Burvill House in Hatfield, which has always looked after me very well indeed - in order to enrol in this untried polyclinic idea. Abandon the doctors and nurses we know and trust.
Even the name of the consortium "Ephedra Healthcare", fails to inspire confidence. "Ephedra" is a Greek word meaning "reserve". "Ephedros" means "reservist" and "ephemeral" which means "temporary or transient" are also derived from the same root word - which does not bode well for the whole project!
You may also want to watch:
How permanent is the "polyclinic" supposed to be? Are we to abandon the surgeries, for another ephemeral idea dreamed up by the bureaucrats? Is it only supposed to last until the forthcoming General Election? In that case, the damage to our town caused by this unthought-through stroke of genius will create a catastophic situation, not to mention real dangers to our health due to the confusion that will ensue.
It's time for a campaign to stop this continuous tinkering with our health before it is too late.
- 1 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
I hope I am wrong. Will someone please take this matter up?
Alex Benakis, Northfield, Hatfield.