Photography competition for town’s official calendar
- Credit: Archant
Photographers still have time to enter a town’s calendar competition.
The hunt is on for pictures to represent Hertford in the town’s official 2018 calendar.
It will be published by Hertford Town Council and sold in Hertford Town and Tourist Information Centre.
There will be 13 winners selected to make up the 12 months and front cover of the calendar.
Photographs can be as creative as you wish, but ideally in landscape format.
You may also want to watch:
They must be of Hertford and could be of the parks and gardens, the county town’s four rivers, historic landmarks, events taking place or something else that the eye of the beholder sees interest and beauty in.
Successful snappers will be presented with a complimentary calendar and certificate by the mayor of Hertford at the calendar launch ceremony at Hertford Castle on Sunday, October 8.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 3 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 4 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics
Councillor Jane Sartin, the chairman of the town council’s development and leisure committee, said: “Hertford’s calendar provides an opportunity to showcase our town.
“It’s always good to have different perspectives on some of our best-known buildings and views, but also images that show off the town in new ways.
“Above all, they should be pictures that could only have been taken in Hertford, and that people will enjoy seeing through 2018.”
Pictures must be submitted by the closing date of Tuesday, August 29, 2017.
To enter, simply send an email with the high resolution photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name, address, telephone number, title of photograph and where in Hertford it was taken.
Alternatively, hand in a copy of your photograph on a CD or USB to the Hertford Town and Tourist Information Centre in The Wash, opposite Hertford Theatre.
Entrants are asked to submit a maximum of three images.