Photography competition for town’s official calendar
- Credit: Archant
Photographers still have time to enter a town’s calendar competition.
The hunt is on for pictures to represent Hertford in the town’s official 2018 calendar.
It will be published by Hertford Town Council and sold in Hertford Town and Tourist Information Centre.
There will be 13 winners selected to make up the 12 months and front cover of the calendar.
Photographs can be as creative as you wish, but ideally in landscape format.
You may also want to watch:
They must be of Hertford and could be of the parks and gardens, the county town’s four rivers, historic landmarks, events taking place or something else that the eye of the beholder sees interest and beauty in.
Successful snappers will be presented with a complimentary calendar and certificate by the mayor of Hertford at the calendar launch ceremony at Hertford Castle on Sunday, October 8.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 7 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 8 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 9 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures
Councillor Jane Sartin, the chairman of the town council’s development and leisure committee, said: “Hertford’s calendar provides an opportunity to showcase our town.
“It’s always good to have different perspectives on some of our best-known buildings and views, but also images that show off the town in new ways.
“Above all, they should be pictures that could only have been taken in Hertford, and that people will enjoy seeing through 2018.”
Pictures must be submitted by the closing date of Tuesday, August 29, 2017.
To enter, simply send an email with the high resolution photograph to email@example.com along with your name, address, telephone number, title of photograph and where in Hertford it was taken.
Alternatively, hand in a copy of your photograph on a CD or USB to the Hertford Town and Tourist Information Centre in The Wash, opposite Hertford Theatre.
Entrants are asked to submit a maximum of three images.